Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do you get Care Packages?  (Read 5571 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Do you get Care Packages?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2003, 03:10:25 AM »
Wild, you had a wonderful suggestion.  I'm not sure I can swing it as I'm getting married and that sure is taking its financial toll.  But I could always leave some money with my parents for a care package or two.  Hope you don't mind if I steal it!  lol Thanks for the suggestions.

Karen

Karen,
No I'm glad that my suggestion may help you  :), they say you should keep some kind of account here anyway and you can always add to it here and there ...best wishes on your up coming wedding hope you'll always be as happy as you are right now  [smiley=daisy.gif]...

Wild ( aka Debbie)
Laugh, Love & Be Happy ...life is to short for anything else..

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2003, 11:13:29 PM »
Hi Debbie, well after making a big move in work from the city to the boonies I should be able to make another move.  There is nothing here to do.  At least in town, I could always find something to do.  Here nothing!  Grrr well its not the same as making a greater move like another country.  Guess I'm learning not to get so set in my ways.  This move will get me thinking of being open to new things.  It should help with the move to Wales.  Again thanks Debbie.  I'm stealing your idea and running with it.

karen  ;D
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2003, 09:38:42 AM »
After 26 years I still get care packages. Looking back I remember when I first moved here my younger sister was so concerned she was ready to send me toilet paper because she was afraid they didn't have any here  [smiley=laugh.gif] With my birthday coming up I'm going to ask for a care package. I have found root beer, well sort of root beer, at Sainsbury. It's their own brand and it's better than nothing. I just can't find Hires any where. But I want Tandy Takes and all the goodies you can get from the Jersey/Philly area. Before I knew I could get soft pretzels in London I had to make my own. Not quite the same  [smiley=chef.gif] the same sister used to slip in Juicyfruit in her letters.
26 years in England
Here via NJ and Israel

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2003, 04:57:36 PM »
Hi Des (hope its ok I shortened your name) I'm glad you wrote here.  I think you have been in England the longest!  So welcome and I'm glad you are here.  I can't wait to get care packages.  I hope to send some home as well.  Do you do that too?  Great idea for your sister to send the gum in her letters.  I think its a wonderful way to stay in touch.

karen
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2003, 05:05:14 PM »
yuppers...I love care packages...

waiting for one to come from home now, with Koolaid and odd and ends I need for the house.

Cynda Gunn

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2003, 05:20:26 PM »
I've been here for six months and I just got my first care package today, it was completely unexpected. I mentioned to my Aunt how I missed flavored coffee and a box of it came today!!!

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2003, 06:23:11 PM »
.Karen,
Your so welcome and I'm glad that my Idea will help you , I know there will be things that I'll need and want when I get there so haveing a way to get them was inportant to me ( plus I know my Mom and one sister will just send me all kinds of stuff , it's there way :P ) the Girls & I will be leaveing for England in about 29 days for a holiday with Mark and I've asked him to let me know what he wanted from here( I know he wants Oreo cookies [smiley=thumbsup.gif]) and the kids have made a list of goodies they can't live with out ( or think they can't anyway  ;)) so I'll be taking a care package with me  ;D...just can't wait to be there ..sorry I can't bring you all a little taste of home :-/

Wild  [smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2003, 11:13:05 PM »
Wild thanks for thinking of us.  Its appreciated.  I'm so glad you are going in 29 days  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif].  I have been gone for nearly 4 months and both Chris and I are getting antsy to see each other.  But we have another 4 months before that happens.  Ugh!  That sounds like such a long way away.  We talk nearly every day but sometimes thats not enough.  I miss having dinner with him.  Laughing over tv together.  Making him kill the spiders!  Ok enough.  I'll get weepy.  I don't like the weepy times.  Have a wonderful time Wild.  I'll be thinking of you.  

Karen

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2003, 11:16:03 PM »
To MEFarrelly I'm really glad to meet you and am happy that you received your first care package.  Its wonderful that it was a surprise as well.  Will you send one back as a thank you?

Karen

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2003, 12:50:14 AM »
Karen ,

I know what you mean about that time apart it really stinks!! Mark and I talk everyday on the phone and emails and text messages but like you said I miss the little things like the dinner time and just being close to him knowing I can just reach out and touch him  :'( I hate the time apart , I was lucky though he was just here in April but seems like ages ago ..I need to stop thinking about the time apart , [smiley=bigcry.gif] I miss Him so much

but thanks for the good wishes  :) this will be the first trip for the kids so there all happy to go but more so to see Mark again as well ...we need a bridge!! A big one :P lol I wish  :-/

take care , Debbie [smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2003, 05:59:21 AM »
On my last visit, I brought over 2 bags each of tootsie rolls and reese's pieces, 2 boxes of chip's ahoy microwave cookies, 6 boxes of thin mint girl scouts cookies, some special truffles and a few other food items. Hardly had room for clothes :)

;DRe: Do you get Care Packages?
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2003, 07:02:48 AM »
[smiley=laugh3.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif] Thats to funny Missy , I don't think I'll be bringing that many sweets with me ( I know my kids don't need the extra sugar lol) ...

I do have a Question if anyone can answer , does anyone here know how to make "toad in the hole"??( Love that name  ;D)I'd really love to be able to make that for Mark & the kids and I would like to try it as well , just thought someone may know how to do it is all  ;) thanks for any help  ......

Wild  [smiley=daisy.gif]

toad in the hole
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2003, 07:19:23 AM »
Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire.

Tielhard de Chardin

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2003, 07:31:59 AM »
Beth,

How wonderfull :D thank you SOOO much for that website , I'm sure I'll find all kinds of good things there to make  my sweet english man  [smiley=chef.gif], that was very kind of you  :)

Wild  [smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2003, 10:19:24 AM »
Hi Karen,

Thank you for your response!  It was a wonderful surprise, funny enough I got an email from my other Aunt saying that she was going to send me a box of twinkies. In passing I mentioned to her that for some unknown reason I had wanted a twinkie for the other week.  I never ate them at home but I think because I found out you couldn't get them here I wanted one.

I might not return a package this time around.  I always bring stuff back for my family/friends and have sent out a couple of packages to this particular Aunt since I've been here.  But in saying that if I find anything she might like when I'm out and about I'll pick it up for her.

Maureen

Sponsored Links