Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do you get Care Packages?  (Read 5563 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Do you get Care Packages?
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2003, 04:43:52 PM »
 [smiley=chef.gif]

Wild, I love that smiley chef hat gif! :-) Glad you think the website might help.  Happy cooking!
Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire.

Tielhard de Chardin

• Liked: 0
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2003, 05:24:17 AM »
No Thank You Beth ,
I told Mark today that I would be able to make him Toad in the Hole thanks to you  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] he was happy about that ...is there more websites like that for UK cooking? I'd love to be able to cook the things he like's while in the UK with him next month ..........(I really Can't wait to get there ;D)

Thanks again ,
Wild  [smiley=daisy.gif]( aka Debbie)
Laugh, Love & Be Happy ...life is to short for anything else..

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2003, 01:10:49 PM »
I think I might just be the most spoiled girl in the world! This may wear off as my absence becomes less than a novelty for everyone back home hehe There have been a few packages arriving because we're getting married.  But, I have gotten other care packages since moving over- mostly the few times when people come to visit, though!  It seems there is always a good proportion of their luggage that is stuff for me in the shape of :

Nature valley granola bars (oats & honey)
Eucerin face moisturizer
Neutrogena Cream Powder Makeup
Auburn mascara
cinnamon Tic tacs
Cream of Wheat
bells seasoning (for stuffing!)
Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
Beano (for my MIL)

That seems to be my list every time someone asks me if there is anything I'm in need of! (Need being used in it's loosest form, obviously hehe) I haven't been as good with bringing stuff back home for people, although I try to bring a big bar of Cadbury's every time we go visit- OH! and lemon curd. Does anyone else have things they are always getting requests for when they visit home?

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2003, 07:19:47 PM »
I've really enjoyed reading this post .....sorta reminds me of my mum sending me a care package over there in 1971 and lo and behold what was in it...... A pair of Desert Boots! (OK Who remembers Desert Boots?  ;D ).........anywhoo......I lost em that very same night in a poker game to a very street savvy Brit.......Oh Dear....Sorry Mum ;D

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2003, 02:28:50 PM »
Anyone wanting me to send them care packages from America let me know.  So long as it's reasonable (like Twinkies).  PM me and i'll send you some stuff!

When I was in NYC and my sisters were still in Vienna, we'd send each other letters with stuff like "Chiclet" wrappers or fallen leaves just as a way of saying "Dont you miss this?"  :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab