Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Overpayment of Tax Credits  (Read 799 times)

• So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!
  • Liked: 0
Overpayment of Tax Credits
« on: February 05, 2005, 08:26:29 AM »
Hello out there!
I have not posted to this site in almost a year

Heres my question of anyone out there who could help:
Since moving back to the US I have learned from Inland Revenue that they calculate that I was overpaid CHild Tax Credits and Working tax credits- up to the sum of about 2500pounds!!

and they sent me a letter stating that I was to begin making payments in order to repay them- and that would kindly give me a year to do so

I have already filled out an "appeal form" to formally appeal their decision stating that the calculation was not my fault but theirs and so I should not be held liable to repay it back-

heres me question:
I live in US now- they do not know my US address-unless they go thru Royal Post and find out through our mail redirection service- I have no intention of paying them a bit- whats the worst that could happen??

am I going to get picked up by INterpol the next time I travel???

Poo? .... Poo!!
Yes, Piglet?
Nothing.  I just wanted to be sure of you.

• Liked: 0
Re: Overpayment of Tax Credits
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 05:33:29 PM »
I have no idea, it will be interesting to see what others have to say about this topic.

How did you find out about this from Inland Revenue if the do not have your address?

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 10:13:12 PM »
You really should get it settled if there's any chance at all that you'll move back to the UK.   :-\\\\

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 10:16:46 PM »
oh, man the child tax credit office make such a mess of things.  We've had ours stopped, been told we owe them, been told they owe us, it seems to change with every person we talk to.  If you do owe them they take it out of future payments.  Don't know what to tell you, but good luck trying to sort it out.  I guess I'd send in the thing for an appeal, and have you tried talking to them.  There is a chance it's a mistake.  Wouldn't be the first time. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab