Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cuppa Joe  (Read 955 times)

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
Cuppa Joe
« on: June 26, 2003, 01:43:09 PM »
Back in the states I wasn't a big coffee drinker. I'd have a cup in the morning every other day or so. Since I've been here, it's been a big craving for me. Maybe because the coffee here absolutley SUCKS!

Instant coffee... bleh... anyways, I've met a girl (friend of a friend) who just happens to work at Starbucks... boy oh boy you should have seen me latch on to her like I did. We actually have quite a lot in common. She was an au pair nanny a few years back in Chicago, lived there for 6 years so she understands my craving for coffee. She was such a doll and gave me this huge bag of breakfast blend.... for free!

So now I'm in coffee heaven and I'm drinking it all the time. I've even dished out a bag to bring to work and I'm passing it around to everyone in the office.  ;D

Now if I could get some vanilla flavor creamer... mmmm.

Leah... we need a drool smiley.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

Re: Cuppa Joe
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 02:50:25 PM »
Maybe because the coffee here absolutley SUCKS!

Oh dear! :-/ And I've been thinking about getting a coffee maker too.  A cup of fresh ground coffee in the morning would be delicious.  Right now I'm drinking Nescafe instant. [smiley=bleck.gif] Can you not recommend any brand of fresh ground coffee besides Starbucks?  

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 02:54:23 PM »
Actually, I don't know any of the other brands. Jon only drinks yucky instant.

However, and this is of no help to you at all, but I've just been told today that there's a coffee shop on the Headrow (city centre of Leeds) that sells fresh coffee and even grinds them for you.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2003, 03:00:50 PM »
Instant is definately yucky.  I've been drinking coffee since I was five years old and I really need my daily caffeine fix... in whatever form I can find it.

Anyway, if you find a good brand, let me know.  

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2003, 04:05:55 PM »
Ugh... caffeine overload... shakes...hyperness....headache... too much of a good thing can be bad.

[smiley=laugh4.gif]

But I'm still singing my coffee song.

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2003, 09:51:37 PM »
Mmm ... coffee.  Gotta have the morning cup.

Can't tolerate the instant stuff - it's horrid.  One of the first things I bought over here was a coffee pot.  We usually buy Tesco's Columbian beans and grind them ourselves.

I tell you what I miss though.  Real half and half.  I've tried using half cream in my coffee and it's just not the same as good ole' American half and half.
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 02:48:17 AM »
I never really drank coffee until DH and I went to Italy and discovered what *proper* coffee is!  We now buy Italian coffee... Lavazza or Illy.  Lavazza's Crema e Gusto is lovely! And you can get these brands in most UK supermarkets no bother.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 02:50:29 AM »
I never really drank coffee until DH and I went to Italy and discovered what *proper* coffee is!  We now buy Italian coffee... Lavazza or Illy.  Lavazza's Crema e Gusto is lovely! And you can get these brands in most UK supermarkets no bother.

OOOoooo, thanks for that info, Badger.  I'll look next time I go to the grocery store.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab