Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: from Ohio to North Wales?  (Read 2835 times)

• www.yankinengland.homestead.co
  • Liked: 0
Re: from Ohio to North Wales?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2002, 09:31:33 PM »
Hi Mary,

I just wanted to say that I am originally from Ohio and living in England.  I am settled here.  What part of Ohio are you from?
Maybe we could exchange emails sometime if you wish and I can answer some of your questions.

At least we do not have to put up with snow here in England but I do not know about Wales.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Exquisitelyso
Exquisitelyso

• Up, up and away!
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2002, 02:08:23 PM »
Exquisitelyso -

Thanks for the support!  I am well-adjusted now.  I don't really have any questions, but it's nice to have a winge with a fellow American now and then.

I moved here from Columbus.  I am not from there originally, but I find it easier to pick a place and say I'm from there!  Where are you from?

Nice to hear from you!

Mary

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2002, 12:31:29 AM »
Hello Mary:)

.....but I've been marooned here in North Wales for 7 months!

Wales is a beautiful place and you're near some very interesting places, I'm kinda envious as I've not got over to Wales yet and I live so close to it! [smiley=disappointed.gif]

Our relationship is great, but my life is in a bit of flux.  Any advice on how to cope?

I would have said that the cold and wet hills of Wales are completely different from Ohio, so it's understandable that you're finding it hard to cope with the way things are now.  Did someone say Culture shock? [smiley=elvis.gif]  All I can say is that you'll get used to way things are at the moment, if you like the people and you like some of the things here then that's a good start.

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2002, 08:34:05 AM »
Hi Mary,

Another Mary Here. I live in Liverpool not far from you. I've been here a year now and would say I'm just now settling in.

I really can't give you any advice on how to make it better. I think it just takes time. I use to make it to North Wales every weekend, but I haven't been in a couple of months. It might be an idea to plan a northwest get together.

Message me if you'd like someone to talk to.

Kind regards,

Mary

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2002, 02:34:59 PM »
Thanks!  

- like not having top sheets and no Zero bars (hell, there's no zero here, either!).

Hi there
WEll, just have top sheets! I do! It means you don't have to wash the duvet covers so often!!
Welcome! Wales is beautiful but it would be hard to live there!!
A long long time ago I went to Wittenberg University in Ohio.
Loved it!
Susan in Cornwall now

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab