Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: one thing and one thing only  (Read 1408 times)

• Liked: 1
one thing and one thing only
« on: July 03, 2003, 01:46:03 AM »
Okay..so I am sitting here and for days no one has stopped by to say hello.  So just to be an annoying git I have decided to start a new thread.

My question is this:

What is one thing about you that would surprise others?

Mine for example would be that I was once on a national Television game show.   ;D  

I sang back up for a guy in a talent type show.  (Now mind you I can't sing a lick, but he had approached me for my long long blonde hair.)

Of course it was in Korea and the song was all about how Koreans would live without their Kimchi (pickled cabbage a true basic Korean food).

All I had to do was sing the "ya! ya! ya!'s in the background and look cute.  I thought nothing of this until for the next month or so people on the street would randomly appraoch me and sing parts of the song and go ya ya ya!   [smiley=blush.gif]

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

Re: one thing and one thing only
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 03:29:46 AM »

All I had to do was sing the "ya! ya! ya!'s in the background and look cute.  I thought nothing of this until for the next month or so people on the street would randomly appraoch me and sing parts of the song and go ya ya ya!  

Get Outttttttt!!!!!!!! that was you?.....I KNEW it :o

And don't be so humble......I've heard you warble like a songbird! ;D
                          Ya! Ya! Ya!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 03:42:47 AM by celtictothecore »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 04:47:26 AM »
Of course it was in Korea and the song was all about how Koreans would live without their Kimchi (pickled cabbage a true basic Korean food).

That is too funny!  I have a big jar of kimchi in my refrigerator right now.  We went to Seoul last August.    ;D  My daughter is Korean.

The Koreans feel like SARS didn't really bother Korea BECAUSE of kimchi.  Could be... [smiley=thinking.gif]

Someday, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, we will have discovered fire.

Tielhard de Chardin

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 12:09:51 PM »
And I just saw a package of kimchi at the supermarket yesterday and wondered, "what the ... ?" I am sooooooo glad you didn't attach a sound file because you would have had me singing ya ya ya all day.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 06:47:27 PM »
I will never be able to try kimchi, because I'm allergic to red peppers. :'(

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 07:00:57 PM »
You all are too funny....might need to move this into chit chat and see how many others have kimchi stories!

Saf they make other types of kimchi..like there is a summer kimchi that is not as fermented.  Don't know about the red peppers though.  

Song actually goes something like kimchi up-seo...sarag....something something... ya ya ya! ;D

Wonder what would happen if I went into Kazaa and searched for Kimchi!

So does anyone else have a silly story with or without kimchi involved? ;D

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 07:16:08 PM »

My question is this:

What is one thing about you that would surprise others?

Geee, ummm...  not sure what I could say here...  lets see....  nope, that is no good...  I have one thing...  but can not say in an open forum...
Ok! let me think here... ??? I must have something that would surprise others...  errr ahhh, I got my first tattoo's at the age of 44?  naw, that is no biggy...   My hair is almost to my bum...  that is no big deal either...  so, nope, nothing surprising except that I have a righty for a belly button...  meaning it is off centered...   but heck...that is not all that big a deal either...

Don't think I have anything to add here peeps...sorry!

:o Oooooh wait...  I do have a couple things actually...  I am a decendant of 6 passengers and 2 signers of the Mayflower Compact.

and on my Grandfather's side...  errrr, something I never really announce because I myself have a hard time believing it...  although I have seen the paperwork...  I am a direct decendant of Pocahontas...  she was my many times over Great Grandmother...

but still, they are past references for me...  so, nothing really by me, myself and I...  
« Last Edit: July 05, 2003, 04:24:04 PM by admin »
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2003, 02:10:13 AM »
Don't know if this would surprise anyone but I did meet the late great Janis Joplin in August 1970 in Harvard Square in Cambridge Ma. and actually had a couple of beers with her and a few of her roadies.  8) 8) 8)

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2003, 02:43:01 AM »
I am SO jealous Celtic- Janis ROCKS!

I am not sure what would surprise people.... Umm, I guess the places I have piercings :o
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2003, 05:49:18 AM »
Don't know if this would surprise anyone but I did meet the late great Janis Joplin in August 1970 in Harvard Square in Cambridge Ma. and actually had a couple of beers with her and a few of her roadies.  8) 8) 8)

Now that is some serious cool celtic...  very envious here  :)
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2003, 11:35:44 AM »
You guys are so cool!!!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2003, 03:01:01 AM »
I got to hold Andie McDowell's hand in a square dance a few yrs ago on the 4th of July :)

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2003, 03:29:10 AM »
Ummmm, I guess I don't do much that people would find surprising...lol.  I would have to say......that.....when my husband I got married, we made the Scunthorpe newspaper...lol.

I don't know if that is surprising enough or not...lol.
Cleacia
Texas

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2003, 05:52:13 AM »

Excuse me...story please!!

You can't just throw out an amazingly cool thing likt that and not give us some details! ;D

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2003, 02:31:28 PM »
Not much to tell really.......I was home on leave and had just seen her that evening at Harvard Stadium with her band Full Tilt Boogie. My friend bussed tables/barbacked at a place called Grendels Den and a few hours after the show went to pick him up after his shift. It was towards the end of the night and I was sitting waiting for him to finish up when she came strutting through the door with a small entourage and I just sat in the corner thinking "Wow..thats Janis Joplin"...next thing I knew I got to yattin with one of her roadies about the show and after my mate finished up we found ourselves sitting around with them for about an hour before the place closed then we just took off. Y'know.........I never even asked her for an autograph but never regretted it cuz I thought how many ex-long haired leaping gnome Cambridge boys can say they had a beer with Janis Joplin? 8)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab