Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Making an appointment at the Birmingham Public Inquiry Office  (Read 697 times)

• My Girl
  • Liked: 0
Has anyone applied for a visa in person at the Birmingham office?  I have been trying to call for two days now and have not been able to get through.  Is there a particular time of day I should be calling?  I need to make an appointment asap, as my current Work Permit will tick past 6 months left in the beginning of April.

At this point, I am wondering if I should just apply by post.

Thanks
"He (Bush) says we are at war on terror, but that is a metaphor, though I doubt if he knows what that means. It's like having a war on dandruff, it's endless and pointless." - Gore Vidal

• Location: Michigan to Birmingham U.K. (via Florida & Australia)
Re: Making an appointment at the Birmingham Public Inquiry Office
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 03:29:38 AM »
I tried making an appointment through them.  When I eventually got through, I was told they will only make appointments for the following week (which was full) and that I needed to try ringing back the following Monday morning to try and get an appointment for the week after.  I tried the ringing the next two Monday mornings - by the time I got through all the appointments had been taken.  I gave up and applied by post  :-\\\\

• My Girl
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 04:09:37 PM »
Thanks for the info.

How long did it take you to get the visa by post?
"He (Bush) says we are at war on terror, but that is a metaphor, though I doubt if he knows what that means. It's like having a war on dandruff, it's endless and pointless." - Gore Vidal

• Location: Michigan to Birmingham U.K. (via Florida & Australia)
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 05:33:16 AM »
Sorry for the delay in replying, haven't been on this site in a while!  It took about 4 weeks by post, but that timeframe included that fact that my application had to go to a caseworker for further consideration (it was an UP application, and some of my evidence was a bit weak).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab