Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A friendly reminder  (Read 619 times)

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
A friendly reminder
« on: March 23, 2005, 09:29:12 PM »
Dear all,

Could we please refrain from addressing individual forum members in the subject line of posts?  This can be embarassing to some people and discourages others from responding.  We're very lucky to have some  knowledgable people in our midst that are very helpful in times of visa-related stress, but if there is a question you'd like to address just to them, please use the PM function of UK Yankee. 

Thank you all for helping to keep this such a positive and helpful place! 

Your friendly mod,
Wishstar

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
Re: A friendly reminder
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 09:34:19 PM »
Mea culpa.... :-\\\\

I didn't know of anyone else in my situation, but certainly didn't want to discourage anyone else from responding.  And I thought the info might be useful in case there IS someone else out there with a similar question, that's why I didn't just ask via PM.  But....I won't do it again.  Sorry...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 09:36:14 PM by closet.hippie »
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 09:43:53 PM »
Absolutely cool...not a big deal.  I think whenever possible, it's best to keep it on the main board, but if you know it's something one person has specific knowledge about, might be best to post it in PM...that's all.   ;)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 02:36:13 AM »
Mea culpa.... :-\\\\

And I thought the info might be useful in case there IS someone else out there with a similar question, that's why I didn't just ask via PM.  But....I won't do it again.  Sorry...

May I make a suggestion? After you PM someone privately, if you think their response could be useful to other people,  with that person's permission, copy and paste the PM to the message board. Emphasizing again, do not paste a PM to the board without the permission of the person who wrote the PM.

Sponsored Links