Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse visa...please help  (Read 1552 times)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Spouse visa...please help
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 07:12:01 PM »
You also need to register your children's births with the American Embassy, and whatever paperwork is necessary to secure their British citizenship as well, as they were born PRIOR to your marriage.

Does the Home Office have your passport?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2005, 08:01:44 AM »
No, the HO returned my passport, when I received their decision about my original application.

I'm a bit confused about the citizenship of the children though. I was told they acquired British citizenship immediately once DH and I were married. He is a British citizen. I had spoken to the passport office when applying for their passports, as I needed a copy of his parents' wedding certificate for furthur proof of identity,since Andrew is the only Brit parent.

A very good point though and think I'll go have another look.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2005, 08:08:30 AM »
I think you are right Angela, it's just a question of showing your marriage certificate when applying for their passports (assuming your hubby is named as father on their birth certificates).  I've been trying to get into the IND site to check the details but it keeps timing out on me. There's a link in this post to the relevant part of the policy:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=11205.15

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2005, 10:05:17 AM »
Yes, htat's all there is to it.  Just having the necesarry paperwork when applying for their passports. 

• Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2005, 10:25:39 AM »
Angela,

Sorry you've had such a hard time. When my husband and I considered our options of where to live (he's english and i'm american) we found that visa wise, getting a visa to live in the UK is WAY easier than him getting one to live in America. It only took 7 business days to get mine back. The fact that you have children together is on your side. I think your chances are very very good of getting a visa if you can prove that it's not a marriage of convenience and that you are genuinely in love. If your children are dual, i'm almost 100% positive they will give you a visa. They wouldn't seperate your children from their mother. Make sure that no matter what, you tell the truth. If they catch you in a lie, you will definently be denied. Tell the truth no matter how scared you are and things should be okay for you. Good luck!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab