Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: When to gather documents?  (Read 701 times)

• Liked: 0
When to gather documents?
« on: March 29, 2005, 09:55:57 PM »
Jenni is moving to the UK on a fiancee visa around the start of October. We're thinking of applying for the visa sometime in September.
She's starting to pack and it feels like ther's not much I can do at the momnet, which is getting me stressed

Obviously things like bank statements, and pay slips I will collect nearer the time. But is there any reason why I can't ask HR for a letter saying what my salary is etc now, as  my salary won't change again until the end of September. Or do they expect to see documents dated closer to the date of application.

Similarly with a letter from the church saying we have the wedding booked.

• Liked: 8
Re: When to gather documents?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 08:25:43 AM »
The letter from your employer should be done closer to the date Jenni applies for her visa.  Otherwise, the person who looks at her application would probably wonder why your employer letter is from March/April if Jenni's applying in September.

The letter from the church can be done now or later.  It's just proof that the church has been booked.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 04:58:59 PM »
Thanks, I'm just impateint to do something.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 05:16:42 PM »
Yeah -- the final stretch is really difficult...just lots of waiting!  Still, it'll pass and you'll be together before you know it!   ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab