Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Visa question!  (Read 688 times)

• Liked: 0
Settlement Visa question!
« on: April 04, 2005, 08:02:21 PM »
Any help or advice would be soooooooo greatly appreciated!

I am a UK citizen and my husband is a US citizen, we have been together for 8 years and married for 5 and we live in Oklahoma.  We are planning to move back to the UK at the end of May, where I will be working for my family business and we are currently going through the process of buying a house with the help of my parents.  My husband only just got his renewed passport back so we haven't applied for a VAF2 Settlement visa yet, I have been all over the UK Visa website and I called the British Consulate and left a message to try and find out how long it will take to get the visa, I have found it will take about 13 weeks, which sucks because we don't have that kind of time, does anyone know if we can get it rushed through or will my husband have to stay in the US to wait for his visa while I go to the UK?  Is there any way of avoiding the 13 weeks?  Thanks for any help.  :D

• Liked: 2
Re: Settlement Visa question!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 08:04:54 PM »
If you can go to the Consulate in person you should be able to get it on the same day if everything is in order. 

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 08:46:45 PM »
Excellent, thanks.  We will probably have to make that trip from Oklahoma to LA!

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 08:49:38 PM »
Wouldn't the British consulate in Chicago be closer?

bvamin

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 09:53:37 PM »
I thought that too, but the Chicago Consulate doesn't cover Oklahoma, it just covers IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, ND, OH, SD & WI.  But no worries the chick in LA called me back and said that if I mail it, it will take 5 days from the time they receive it at their office to process, which is extremely good news.  I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, I was really getting worried.  Thank you so much for the help ;D

Sponsored Links