Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Should I Bring My Treadmill??  (Read 2114 times)

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
  • Liked: 0
Should I Bring My Treadmill??
« on: June 26, 2002, 06:55:20 AM »
I have a treadmill that I absolutely love!  It's my savior in inclement weather when I can't run outside.  It cost me a lot but has been well worth it.  My question is....will I be able to use it in England with a convertor or will it blow all the fuses if anything else is running at the same time (such as fridge, TV, etc.).  I'd hate to leave it behind but will go ahead and sell it if it's going to be too much trouble and I have to end up trying to get rid of it over there.  :-/
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• Liked: 24
Re: Should I Bring My Treadmill??
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2002, 01:34:15 PM »
It's entirely possible that you could use your treadmill here, there is a page on electronics that descibes how to buy the correct transformer and some resources for buying them, depends on the wattage/amperage or something.

http://www.uk-yankee.com/electronics.html

Just reading that, I see that the motor that drives it, if it is a synchronus motor, will run a bit slower, 5/6, as the cycle lower here, that can cause it to overheat, I would check with the manufacturer, if they have a website, drop them an email and ask.

I hope that helps a bit, maybe you could sell it or store it and get another when you're here? They might have the same brand available here, you could ask them that in email as well.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab