Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: When Irish eyes are smilin :)  (Read 1428 times)

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
When Irish eyes are smilin :)
« on: July 23, 2003, 02:52:42 AM »
hiya all...
hope you are well..my hubby and i are going to Ireland...my first time there..excited...we are looking to take the ferry becz we are taking our doggie with us and doing some camping..anyone been recently..and how was your experience? we are looking to travel all over..but mainly the coastal areas..in the west...thnx ...no planning babies for us yet..we want to have fun without them first ;)
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
Re: When Irish eyes are smilin :)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 03:02:20 AM »
Haave fun in Ireland! I have never been before... it's on my top list to visit once I'm in England.
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 03:54:58 PM »
we are looking for possible campsites..i did get some info from the irish tourism board that was very helpful....hopefully it wont rain... :o

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 05:15:31 PM »
Blondshania have you asked Trish about where to go and stay?  Doesn't she work for the tourist board in Ireland?  Have fun.  I'll get there eventually too I'm sure.  Let us know how your trip goes.  
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 08:47:43 PM »
You HAVE to go see the cliffs of Moher...absolutely beautiful. You can stay the night in the little village of Doolin not far from the cliffs. They have pubs there where they have bands playing traditional Irish music. Lots of fun. And there are some nice B & B's there. We stayed in one called Doonmacfelim house.

Oh and you should also go to Achill Island. All these places I'm telling you about are on the internet. Just go to the search engine and type the names and you'll find loads of info. on them.

We travelled from Belfast across and down the west coast and every bit of it was beautiful.

I don't know if you've already gone on your holiday and I'm too late with this advice...hope not. :-/ But no matter where you end up going I know you'll enjoy it. It's a beautiful country.

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 10:56:08 PM »
Blondshania have you asked Trish about where to go and stay?  Doesn't she work for the tourist board in Ireland?  Have fun.  I'll get there eventually too I'm sure.  Let us know how your trip goes.  

Yes, she did ask and l hope l gave her enough information for Southern lreland. For some reason, we don't promote the ROI as we do NI  :-/ go figure!! hehe!
Sad part is that no one comes to visit me  :'(  Ok, l'm over it now!!

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 01:25:23 AM »
Sad part is that no one comes to visit me  :'(  Ok, l'm over it now!!

No one?? :o  No one?? :o  What am I...chopped liver?

;D just teasing

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2003, 12:13:45 AM »
How was your trip to Ireland?? Did you have a good time?? Please let us know how you got on? What did you see? What did you do? (um, leave some of the information about that question out! :D)

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2003, 02:51:56 AM »
We had an awesome time..we drove from the port -rosslare all around southern ireland..camped for a few days then did bed and breakfasts for the rest...we had never seen so many of them in our entire lives (b and b's)...the ring of kerry was very, very, very beautiful.. there were nice beaches..but too cold for swimming...Inch beach was awesome...golden sand with small mountains in the background...it was a relaxing trip..we made it to the cliffs , killarney, saw a lot..we took like five rolls of pictures....i would recommend it to anyone..the southern part that is..maybe we will catch the northern part some other time... 8)

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2003, 12:38:22 AM »
Oh l am so glad you had a wonderful time!! If you haven't noticed we have this new Photo site, if you would like to share some of your photos with us!  ;) hint hint!! lol

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2003, 12:30:14 AM »
I probably will once we get the pics developed... :P

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab