Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I'll call the Register !  (Read 14634 times)

• If I don't surface in 3 minutes,  come get me
  • Liked: 0
I'll call the Register !
« on: June 28, 2002, 03:09:33 PM »
I know it's not completely original (or indeed original at all),   after all  'that lot'  have been doing it on their own threads......

but,  let's see who's in the House?  Doesn't matter if you are the 'spouse' or not,  who are the regular readers on this little section.  Name, rank and number if you please!

I'll start it off... I'm Steve,   married to ItsBcoz(at home I'm allowed to call her Pam).  We have been married for a year, and lready in that time have 3 children aged 10, 7 and 6..pretty good going dont you think?)  We live about 20 miles NE from London.  

I am 36 years old,  and run my own businesses in the kinda finance/insurance/ computery solution kinda world. (I think thats about it ,   I never know how to describe it!).

I love toys and gadgets, and sports and stuff....but I'm a guy...of course I do.

Thats me!

Steve
Steve ( Mr Pam/Itsbcoz...u know what I mean)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: I'll call the Register !
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 07:24:54 PM »
Hi I'm Sara. I'm a 25 year old midwesterner, trained in classical piano, and a poet. I'm 5'4", 135 pounds, red curly hair. I'm in love with David and I'm moving to England in just a few days. I visit this page often because I'm a dork and read everything on this board since I have time to kill at work. May not have as much internet time in England, but will watch nevertheless because I think Steve is funny and one day I want David to come play here.
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2002, 11:50:57 AM »
Well, I lurk here...he he he. ;)  As you know from last night, I've been trying to get hubby to come here and hang out wit'choo guys.  

• I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
    • Our Site
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2002, 06:29:48 PM »
Ell here right behind Elle.  ;D

I'm female (last time I checked), 35 years ancient, 5 ft 8 1/2 tall and married to Bob, whom I affectionately call "Kilt Man".  

We live in Scotland and today is our 6 month anniversary!  :)
"I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again." Oscar Wilde

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2002, 01:29:54 AM »
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

• having one of those days...
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2002, 03:09:19 AM »
happy anniversary, ell!

i'm 32, been married for 22 months and look here to see if orb has posted anything derogatory about me when i'm not looking.  then while looking i get sidetracked and answer a few posts myself.  

i'm not working while we're living in the UK, so i spend a lot of time cooking and baking...it started off as a way to keep warm in this frozen climate (hey, i'm from the tropics!) and it continued because that darn mrs. field's cookie book reminds me that that maryland cookie stuff from tesco's does not cut it sometimes.  i also love japanese, hawaiian and mexican food which are hard to come by in our neck of the woods so i end up making a lot of stuff at home.

i also read a lot, write stories for fun (about 20 unfinished stories) and am the occasional slave to a small fluffy dog who demands a lot of walks and scratches.  i am also a sports nut who got converted into an arsenal supporter after hubby dragged me to highbury one cold autumn day and i lost my voice yelling and screaming with the rest of the rabid fans.

we're planning on hopefully having a kid next year, once we've settled down in the US.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2002, 11:42:45 AM »
orb here (thought the male count needed a bit of boosting on this page!). real name kevin, age 32, i've been an analyst/programmer for close to 10 years. am also qualified to be a music teacher (piano & trombone) though never got around to doing so. one day i might do, once the stress of deadlines begins to take its toll!

am a former Essex boy who now lives in Bucks - and looking to move to the USA some time fairly soon. still waiting (& hoping) on that visa!

somewhat geekly, i can't stay away from the pc for too long before suffering withdrawal symptoms! i'll watch any sport (especially if it's Arsenal), i like to play squash and golf though not very good at either :)

• I hate Mondays too!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2002, 09:38:38 PM »
Ok, here goes.  My name is Glen, 38 (39 next month), B/F of NYSOM.  Belgian nationality but have lived in quite a few countries. My first 6/7 years of life I lived in England (born there), Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, Thailand and the finally Belgium.

Moved to the UK 6 years ago and now live in London, Isle of Dogs, literally across the river from fellow UK-Yankee member overthepond.

Been in IT for the last 18 years what is great as I see there are quite a few people on this site who fiddle with computers too. :o

Dus, groetjes van Belgie en ik hoop dat jullie veel plezier zullen hebben met deze forum!!!! ;)

Dial 0800-HELP-SPOUSE when in need (members only)!

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2002, 08:59:50 PM »
Hiya!  I'm a lurker and very occasional poster in the Spouse House who's boyfriend will be visiting this spot in the not-too-distant future, I'm sure!  He lurks over my shoulder every so often!

My name is Sandy (5'2" short person) and I'll be moving over with my English boyfriend in the fall, oops I mean autumn!  I am a telecom engineer/project manager.  We're still not completely sure where we're going to live...either somewhere in Kent or in the Brighton area.  

I'm a runner (hence my name), like to train, workout, watch football (Man United!)with BF  and hope to play the occasional pick up footie game with BF if we can find a co-ed, "not too serious" game as I know I'll never be aware of being offsides!  Maybe we'll have more luck finding this in the UK!  On yeah, like music, reading, and socializing!   There's my two cents (or pence) which is probably way more then you want to know! ;D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2002, 04:56:52 PM by runner1 »
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• Garden Butterflies
Re: I'll call the Register !Hi, I am Michele
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2002, 10:37:22 PM »
Hi, I am Michele...  I am 46 yrs young and engaged to marry Tom (whom is a proud Geordie) end of this year...  I have done many jobs in my life and the last 8 years I have been a CMS analyst on a NASA 2 satellite project called WIND & POLAR...  I pull all the commands together from scientists and combine them with our own to talk to the birds every day... We babysit the birds as they collect data for scientists at universities studying solar weather effects on earth... I guess you could call me a space geek.  

Tom, my Love is 54 and I have already given UKY address to him and hopefully one day will come add his wisdom to this page as he has many wonderful things to say about UK/USA differences in relationships...LOL! Tom was in Social Services for 25 years, working with the elderly and disabled... At the moment he is looking for a new career after a small bout of early retirement.   He is also an Englishman biker and has converted me as I hope to get a virago after I settle there so that we can putter along the roads together with his other over the hill gang.  Tom is also an experienced walker and cyclist and plans to have me up to his speed in no time...  I have seen those hills LOL...  good luck baby!

We will be living in a small town called Felton which is located in Northumberland...  Since I am now basically an orphan, moving to the UK was an easy choice..
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2002, 09:51:41 PM »
Being the son of Minnesota farmer-stock, I'm not used to this sort of divulgence...
I'm David, woke up one day and was 40 (egad!) but feel 25.  Live in the Pacifiic Northwest, approx. 100 miles from Seattle.  Engaged to a beautiful woman who will actually be in Glasgow for the fall/winter <sigh>.
I've been many things in life; carpenter, mechanic, artist, musician, farmer, cowboy, teacher/professor...  Right now I do computer Graphics Design.  Looking to get back into teaching, as I love to do it.
We want to move to the UK eventually, just because it's something we've always wanted to do.  Both from families of strong English/Scottish heritage.
Like outdoor activities, gardening, horses, dogs, restoring stuff, live theater ('scuse me, "theatre").  
So, there ya go.

BTW, are Mini's fun to drive? (classic ones I mean.)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2002, 09:53:45 PM »
BTW, are Mini's fun to drive? (classic ones I mean.)

I have no idea, but i think mini's are so cute that I always want to go up and hug them.

but I dont.

• Help - I married a Californian...
    • Moving Stills
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2002, 10:23:13 PM »
Hello all, timbo here (wi^H^H^H husband of Crysal (feistylilreadhead)

I'm 42, 6ft 3in and ride a big green bike and have a love of toys  and gadgets (as long as they are black).  Adore rock and blues, jazz too. Born in Northumberland and still have the faintest trace of that accent left, despite years spent dealing with soft Suvvern jessies...<runs away>

I muck about with computers (well, SAN's and backup stuff for those who are still reading this...)

Er, that's it.    

_tim

#traceroute life.liberty.pursuit-of-happiness

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2002, 04:59:15 PM »
How way Timbo...!

welcome in here ( yeah ..i know N/Umberland isnt Newcastle ..but its the closest I know from my minimal comedy dialect retorts..feel free to retaliate; I'm from Essex after all).

Our mission here is to educate, inform, entertain, sympathise, comiserate, and above all else be as mysterious as possible so that THEY wonder what we're up to .

be good     Steve

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2002, 05:07:21 PM »
I've been nosey   or at least if websites are up there to look at ...I will.  Timbo,  you're 'messing around with computers'  comment was very understated.  If you were responsible for the product on the site  (and the clues point that way!), from an amateur such as me with a regular digital camera and a smattering of ability in photo shop,  all  I would say is   ' I wish I could do that'

Nice to have an Artist in the fold.

....  ** making a mental note of lighting, angles and techniques  **
Steve

Sponsored Links