Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Blood Clot/DVTs  (Read 2648 times)

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
  • Liked: 0
Blood Clot/DVTs
« on: July 28, 2003, 10:28:48 PM »
...well folks....i spent 5 hours in ER/A&E today and i got deep vein thrombosis...also know as a blood clot in my leg, being treated with hepburn shots in stomack for 4 days..via home health nurse..and they doing a scan one day this week to see where the blood clot is..and if in fact there is a blood clot
Cynda Gunn

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
Re: Blood Clot/DVTs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 12:44:46 AM »
Sounds like you had a seriously bad day   :(.  Hope you're feeling better soon!
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 05:34:03 PM »
had scan and thank GOD..no blood clot found..not sure what is causing all the pain so it's back to GP.

Cynda Gunn

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 11:17:51 AM »
Hello Cyndagunn,

I am guessing you have pain in your legs; correct?  Since there are no blood clots have you tried eating a banana and taking cal-max (calcium and magnesium)?  My Mom's legs can cause pains for some unknown reason.  Bananas and calcium magnesium pills have really helped her.  Your muscles might need a mineral that they provide.  Does not hurt trying.

May you have a speedy recovery!

Cheers,
[smiley=daisy.gif]
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 01:54:18 PM »
I thought about the potassium levels..I am unable to eat banana's  yuk... I really dislike them

Going to GP today and ask him about it.

Thanks for the idea.

Cynda Gunn

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 12:52:48 PM »
FRUSTRATED

I been up all nite AGAIN with leg pain..hubby insisted I go back to A&E, went back and A&E said well we ruled out the blood clot not much more we can do for you...we'll write a letter to your GP stating you need to see an orthopedic doctor..I said been there done that...and went to Phycial therapy for 3 months.  I been threw so much and yet no one seems to care...Then I got..OH if you want to private pay..things can get done quicker...You know this isn't the states where we can just zap you in. MK doesn't have the equipment to check bones and mucles to see if there is a problem..You'll probably have to go to oxford or london..

I feel like ampitating this leg, I really do...never been in this much pain with it before and seems no one gives a damn.  Anyway that is me whining again...

Cynda Gunn

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 02:29:19 PM »
Have you ever thought of the possibility that you have "gout"  that can cause very bad leg and foot pains especially around the joints...  it is a high uric acid level in your system, which can be caused by certain foods...  I know, I have it...  but I keep it under control with a lot of exercise, not drinking much and watching what I eat...  I will know when I am eating wrong...  it will hit me immediately.

trust me, I know how the pain feels...  it is almost like you are walking around on broken bones...  I used the following suppliment (herbal) when I could not get the dr's to figure out my problem...  It was excellent and got rid of my attacks very effectively.

http://www.goutcure.com/

Ibuprophen will help ease the pain...but  it will not cure or control it.

Potassium is also a good reason for leg cramps and pains as MoiNouvelle suggested...  Are you taking blood pressure meds at all?  they strip you of your potassium... if you do not like banana's...  you can get a suppliment...  but you should also add things like oranges, spinach, and other greens to your diet...  they are all excellent sources of potassium.

here is a description of Gout for you:
What causes Gout?

Uric acid is a chemical which is a natural part of the normal breaking down and building up of food and body tissues. The level in the blood can be measured and shows how much there is in the body overall. The condition of raised blood uric acid is called hyperuricaemia. When this is present the uric acid which is normally dissolved in the blood may, from time to time, form microscopic crystals in the joint. These crystals set up the inflammation which is called acute gouty arthritis or acute gout.

It follows that gout may develop in persons whose uric acid is higher than normal. There are many causes of this. The following are some of the more common causes:

*      Higher than normal levels of uric acid can be part of the inherited make-up of some families
*      Obesity
*      High alcohol intake
*      High intake of food containing purines (see below)
*      Some of the drugs used to treat high blood pressure.
*      Less commonly, longstanding kidney disease may result in high blood levels of uric acid.

Treatment of Gout

The first step wherever possible must be to correct those factors mentioned above which give rise to high uric acid levels. Purines are substances found in food, which, when broken down produce a lot of uric acid. Therefore the following foods which are high in Purines should be restricted or avoided:

*      Offal foods such as liver, kidneys, tripe, sweetbreads and tongue.
*      Excessive amounts of red meat.
*      Shellfish, fish roe and scallops.
*      Peas. lentils and beans.
*      Alcohol intake should be reduced. Two glasses of beer a day or less is sensible. On special occasions you can drink more.
*      Weight loss may be very important.
*      Medication for high blood pressure may need to be altered.

Treating the Acute Attack

One or other of the anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can be very effective but to gain the best results the dose should be adequate and the drug taken as soon as possible at the first sign of an attack. Hence medical advice must be sought early. With effective treatment the attack may be controlled within 12-24 hours and treatment need not be continued after a few days. Rest and elevation of the part involved and a fluid intake increased by an extra 4 or 5 glasses of water a day are also important. Drugs used for the acute attack have no effect on reducing uric acid levels.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2003, 02:31:26 PM by mfredericka »
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 04:40:14 PM »
Potassium levels are fine.

Gout is usually in the feet or toes..this is in my shins moving upward towards knees and in theighs.

My thyriod level is fine...checked that due to overweight..

My blood sugar is normally in the 3.1 range to 3.3

so I am not diebetic..

all these things have been checked out.

Cynda Gunn

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2003, 04:44:43 PM »
someone else mentioned the potassum level and I greatly appreciate the questions and concerns...I might miss something or not have thought of something...much appreciated..
Cynda Gunn

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2003, 04:47:51 PM »
Potassium levels are fine.

Gout is usually in the feet or toes..this is in my shins moving upward towards knees and in theighs.

Yes, you are right, it is usually in the feet or toes...  but can be elsewhere also... like your knees...  it is a joint disease...  not a foot disease...

wish you luck though...  hope you get a conclusion soon.

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2003, 06:23:15 PM »
Think my next option is a shin splint or to be checked for reumotoried arthritis..

I know I have arthritis always have had it, but not sure what type.

I just feel like I'm banging my head against a wall..
I really don't like taking pain killers..and seems that is only thing doctors want to throw at you is pain killers..

Tramadol 500mg 2 every 6 hours and Co codemal every 4 hours..I'm a zombie
Cynda Gunn

• From Texas to North Yorkshire
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2003, 03:02:31 AM »
FRUSTRATED

I been up all nite AGAIN with leg pain..hubby insisted I go back to A&E, went back and A&E said well we ruled out the blood clot not much more we can do for you...we'll write a letter to your GP stating you need to see an orthopedic doctor..I said been there done that...and went to Phycial therapy for 3 months.  I been threw so much and yet no one seems to care...Then I got..OH if you want to private pay..things can get done quicker...You know this isn't the states where we can just zap you in. MK doesn't have the equipment to check bones and mucles to see if there is a problem..You'll probably have to go to oxford or london..

I feel like ampitating this leg, I really do...never been in this much pain with it before and seems no one gives a damn.  Anyway that is me whining again...

Maybe some gentle stretches (GENTLE) and lots of water will help, plus a nice hot bath...I get unexplained leg pain sometimes too and that always helps me.  (I don't like bananas either!)  Tell me...are your legs swollen at all?  Press your thumb on your shin and hold it there for about 10 seconds...if you leave a dent you've got edema and your GP can help treat it.  Physical activity is good for easing the effects of edema...even short walks can help.
Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private schools, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separated. -- Ulysses S. Grant

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2003, 12:52:33 PM »
Think my next option is a shin splint or to be checked for reumotoried arthritis..

I know I have arthritis always have had it, but not sure what type.

I just feel like I'm banging my head against a wall..
I really don't like taking pain killers..and seems that is only thing doctors want to throw at you is pain killers..

Tramadol 500mg 2 every 6 hours and Co codemal every 4 hours..I'm a zombie

Hi Cyndagunn,

I called my Mom and asked her what she exactly took for her leg pain.  She takes: Calcium, zinc, magnesium, flax oil capsules and E.  She also takes B 100 to boost her immune system.  She suggested that you should to take the calcium, zinc and magnesium together.  It is a must.  She has found this to be the most effective.  Somehow the combination of the three minerals has stopped the leg pains.  She also does not eat any salt.  Her legs puff up with water retention if she does.  She has some real issues with edema and her poor legs can puff up about one and half the size of normal.  If this happens when I am at home I usually make her put her feet up.  I have been trying to get my mom to join a gym and do water sports.  She has a lot of back problems and water aerobics is low to zero impact.  It would help out but since she does not know how to swim she passes.  That is a thought since you have some health problems water might be the best place to do exercise.  

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2003, 09:58:16 PM »
Thank you for the info I'll concider it
Cynda Gunn

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab