Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Re: Missing Chris too much now  (Read 2463 times)

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
Re: Missing Chris too much now
« on: July 29, 2003, 06:10:07 PM »
Oh, Karen! {{{Hugs!}}} THis will be the longest period Ive been seperated from my man (2 months) so I've got nothing to b!tch about. But girl, I know how it feels- sometimes you just cant fall asleep at night because you long for just ONE second to see his face or feel his touch. And I know what you mean about other people thinking it wont last because its long distance. Obviously, they are not as strong willed as you (and the rest of us are.) None of us would make these sacrafices if our love didnt mean something to us.

Be strong honey.
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 06:34:45 PM »
No of course you are not being too sensitive...  you are having a bout of LDDS (long distance distress syndrome)  one as you know I am very well familiar with... it has been 8 months now for Tom and I...and we still have 3 more months to go...  

Do not let yourself worry Kizmet... your worries and feelings are very normal...  this is the second time Tom and I have been apart for 11 months...  last year about this time I was concerned that maybe Tom and I would not like each other anymore after being apart so long...and I wondered if things would be different...  would we still love each other the same and would we still wish to get married...  

It only took 3 seconds after seeing him walk towards me at the airport...and that very loving first touch of the lips after so long, to remember and feel as though we had never been apart...    

As far as families and friends go... it is a combo of two things from what I have seen and felt...  they do not wish to upset you by reminding you that you are so far apart from you love...  and, this is a big AND... for some reason a lot of people do not think of your relationship as being real yet...  like...so what if you do not have time to talk to him on the phone...  or meet up with him on the computer...  there are real life things you should be doing...  :-/  HELLO! [smiley=smash.gif] Wake Up Please... He is my real life...  my fiance and future husband...  

It is just now with wedding getting closer and everyone seeing that I shipped my life over to England that suddenly people like my step-mom are saying...  Oh!...  are you sure you want to move to England...  I am worried that something will happen to you, why doesn't Tom move here...   ::)  we have only been engaged for 2.5 years now...LOL!  not only that but she is standing up for me at wedding...and I have been telling her for 4 months now that she needed to start looking for a dress to wear...  How much do ya wanna bet that it will take Tom getting off the plane before she wakes up and starts looking for dress.

Anyway   LDDS is very real and it will place you in the blues now and then...  you just need to keep reminding yourself of what it is when it happens and ride it out until it is over...trying not to become the super bi_ch that some of us can become then...  Tom has learned to be very patient with me during LDDS...  every doubt, worry and loss of confidence finds me during that time and I am in tears constantly...  I guess you could say it is very close to having PMS except without the cramps.

I just finished a week of LDDS and finally I am getting back to my normal lovably witty self...  ::) ...  all it took was hearing Tom speak soft loving words to me for the umteenth time and the words finally finding their way through to my heart.

Take care!
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• I fell in love to be let down...
    • My Road to Recovery
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 02:57:57 AM »
Well guys, believe me that guys feel it too.  I haven't met her face-to-face yet, and I can't begin to describe my feelings towards her, but I do get down sometimes like you do.  Especially these last few days as I've begun to awaken to the fact that it's gonna be a battle to get over there and properly marry her.  Naive soul that I am I simply assumed things wouldn't be too hard.  Once I realized what a struggle this will all be, I've been in a funk the whole week.  The brain starts playing strange games with you, and even though on a conscious level I KNOW that she'd go through hell to be with me, as would I, the subconscious can be cruel.  Sometimes when I call her that little voice starts telling me she's finally gonna just say it's too much of a hassle and dump me.  She has been and will be my rock when I feel down, and I try to be hers when the situation is reversed, and look at me blab...basically just wanted you ladies to know that the pain is very real and hits guys just as hard as ladies...but it'll be well worth the trials and tests set at our feet :)
The search for my future ex-wife marches on...

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 04:08:28 AM »
Well guys, believe me that guys feel it too.  

...basically just wanted you ladies to know that the pain is very real and hits guys just as hard as ladies...but it'll be well worth the trials and tests set at our feet :)

But of course...  I know Tom feels it all to well... you guys are just a bunch of sensitive saps...  that try to hide it...lol, so sweet!  it is very hard for both sides...

I will Pm you tomorrow after I have had some sleep...  I was delayed leaving work today and it ended up taking me 2 hours to get home because of rush hour...  it is a 35 mile drive...  I am beat...  but have some thoughts for you.

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• My Road to Recovery
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2003, 04:15:59 AM »
Come on now, no need to let the secret out on us guys being sensitive saps! If all women found out, how could we ever amaze you women when we show that side of us for a few minutes? :P  Probably the ONLY saving grace of my 1 pm-10pm work schedule is that I have no traffic to worry about per-se, except when they close or partially-close I-95.  At least after a long week or worrying, I feel I'm making some positive strides in what I'll need to do to get over to her as painlessly as possible.

I look forward to your PM :)

• My Road to Recovery
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 09:41:31 PM »
No worries, it feels good to help someone else after all the help I've recieved on these boards :)  So you're travelling around Halloween too huh?  I'm wondering if they'd let me into the U.K. if I go dressed up :P

• My little cutie
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2003, 02:28:41 PM »
I know what you are going thru....my hubby and I when we first got together were seperated for 4 months as well....He came to the states for 2 weeks...seperated two weeks...I came to the UK for 30 days...then seperated for 4 months waiting for the INS to cut up the red tape....I thought I was going to go insane before he came home for good....my mom wanted to kill me as well for the phone bill lol

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab