Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shorthand  (Read 1626 times)

Shorthand
« on: July 31, 2003, 07:11:16 PM »
For those of us who were talking about doing a self-taught type thing to learn shorthand (or if you need to brush up):

I note it's the Pitman style which someone said is a bit difficult to learn.  Don't know, but the book is only £8, so might be worth giving it a try.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Re: Shorthand
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 09:27:57 PM »
Thanks for the link.  Was in Maidstone today and went past the Pitman office and wondered if I should just wander in and check out a course...but since I had the hubby tagging along, I decided against it!   ::)  I am seriously getting interested in doing this - would give me a real edge.   ;D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 10:03:26 PM »
I learned the Gregg style as well.  I haven't done it in like 10 years though.  Probably can't remember much.  Gregg was pretty easy to learn.  I always felt I was learning a new language.  

I think I'll try to get along without going back to it.  I wouldn't mind doing the dictaphone though.

Just for my 2 p worth!  
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 11:55:25 AM »
I learned the Gregg style as well.  I haven't done it in like 10 years though.  Probably can't remember much.  Gregg was pretty easy to learn.  I always felt I was learning a new language.  

I think I'll try to get along without going back to it.  I wouldn't mind doing the dictaphone though.

Just for my 2 p worth!  

Seriously Kiz, it won't hurt you to brush up.  Like Peedal said it'll give you an edge.  You can find a job without it, sure.  But WITH it...you just may get a few more offers that you might not otherwise.  

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 10:32:36 AM »
Okay - no more merely talking about it.  I'm ordering the book NOW!!   ;D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 10:33:10 AM by peedal »

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 10:48:27 AM »
Well, I ordered it!  Along with a book on taking minutes, since all the stuff I've ever done has been verbatim.  Have no idea how to take minutes!  I will soon, though!   8)

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2003, 04:34:30 PM »
Kcg, well now you've hit the nail on the head.  Whenever I had to use shorthand for work that would happen to me.  I would be editing my work while my boss was thinking of what next to say!  lol  Its not practical for me.  But it is a good skill to have.  
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab