Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shall we indulge in a teeny bit of complaining  (Read 20409 times)

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
  • Liked: 0
Re: Shall we indulge in a teeny bit of complaining
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2005, 05:42:55 PM »
in response to Jmaster911...(I am andrea)

I live alone - how in the world do you NOT have leftovers? Besides the fact that I am going on very little $ in general, why would i throw away perfectly good food?

Otherwise...it's fun to read this thread  ;)
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

• Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2005, 03:36:03 PM »
Such a funny thread! I think I mentioned sell by dates a few months ago. Im American and unless the food can walk out of the fridge itself it STAYS! I hate wasting food! My Brit hubby throws stuff away on a daily basis as if it were gonna explode in your stomach if you eat it a few days past the sell by date.

Also Im a toast on napkin type girl too! lol

I second all of that!  Keith wants to throw out anything that wasn't bought in the last 2 days!  Then he wonders why we spend so much at Tesco!  Go figure!

• Liked: 2
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2005, 04:26:19 PM »
  the hardness of the water,

this caught my eye -- we FINALLY (and I mean freakin' finally) got a water softener -- and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!  It makes such a difference!!!!  The people who did the installation were GREAT and very kind -- to FIL (as he hovered over them!)

Since I've been in the UK --I've noticed that my hands have REALLY dried out -- that's with slathering in Neutrogena Comfort Balm -- but AFTER getting the water softener -- I noticed my hands feel soooooooooooo much better!  I'm still trying to get used to NOT using 1/2 a bottle of washing up liquid when I do the dishes -- it leaves ALOT of bubbles  ;)

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2005, 09:32:43 PM »
This is what i like to see!  ;D
People that take action to make changes, instead of just whingeing about the things they dont like!

Well done DUC, from the land of soft water!   :)
I remember the crunchy tea when i lived in London and never want that taste/texture again...

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab