Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IRS in London  (Read 1256 times)

• Liked: 4
IRS in London
« on: August 18, 2003, 11:52:33 PM »
Well I finally completed my US taxes and I sure hope it wont be this difficult next year.

I went to the American Embasy (IRS office located there) in London about 4 weeks ago.  Had a very nice and helpful lady assist me.  She said I needed some additional information and should come back once I get it together.  WELL...I went back last week and got the most arrogant American I've ever met.  He keep telling me all the information I received from the lady was wrong and I couldnt do this or that.  He would hardly give me a chance to even talk.  At one point (while I was trying to explain something) he looked at me and said..."Lady I dont care, it isnt my money and I can care less about it." believe me i was ready to jump over the counter at him ....luckily my MIL was with me and had a hold of my hand.   Before I left the office I heard him have a go at the next customer, which was a little old American lady in her 80's, he almost brought her to tears.  What a jerk!  
I did see posters all over the IRS office stating their MOTO...something about being kind, helpful, etc.  I think that guy needs to job review!  I will definitely be sending the office a letter of complaint.

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 0
Re: IRS in London
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 12:12:35 AM »
Good for you! He shouldn't be allowed to treat people like that!  His entire role in that organization is to ASSIST people, not belittle them.  What an @$$hole.  I hate people like that.
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

Sponsored Links