Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Any Baptist or Methodist churches: AA meetings?  (Read 1393 times)

• I love you WillowFire!!
  • Liked: 0
Any Baptist or Methodist churches: AA meetings?
« on: August 21, 2003, 12:49:12 AM »
???
My first time on this..I may be moving to Bury St. Edmunds, on a Fiance Visa.......are there any Baptist or Methodist churches to be found? What about AA meetings?
I'm from Nashville, Tennessee ???
LadyKat

Re:  Any Baptist or Methodist churches: AA me
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 01:04:03 AM »
Hi LadyKat!  Welcome to the site!!  ;)

I don't know if there are any Baptist or Methodist churches in Bury, I'm afraid.  There aren't many Baptist churches around in London really that I can think of but maybe you'll find one.  Sorry that isn't very helpful.

I'm from Nashville too!!!  Robertson county actually.  When are you planning on moving over??

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 01:22:59 AM »
:)
Hey Wishstar.......thanks for answering..........I live in Davidson County.
I'm flying to BSE in October, to visit my fiance, and we're going to talk seriously then, about beginning the paperwork for the Fiance Visa.
LadyKat

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 09:44:31 AM »
Very cool, LadyKat.  (Feeling a bit homesick now.   :'()

Lots of us have done the fiancee visa too so if you need any comforting reasurances or anything, just ask!

Hope your visit is perfect!

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 10:24:11 AM »
Hi,
Try here

www.findachurch.co.uk

and for aa meetings

http://www.aa-gb.com/index.html

Hope that helps. :)

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 01:11:09 PM »
Hi LadyKat. :) My husband is from the Bury St. Edmunds area - and we know it very well. His home village is about a 20 minute drive away, and we're moving back to the area soon, to Ely, which is 30 minutes away. I loove Bury and we came really, really close to moving there instead of Ely. We got married in Bury this last March, actually. I know there are both Methodist and Baptist churches in Cambridge, being a big college town, which is an easy ride on the Train, Cambridge will be about 30 minutes from you as well. Cambridge is one of my favorite places EVER. You can do a search on yell.com for Places of Worship, I did and found loads of churches in Bury, but none that specifically said Methodist of Baptist, but you'll probably find something there that you're comfortable with. There is a Baptist church in Mildenhall, near the American Air Force Base there - Mildenhall is about 20 minutes away from Bury but has no train station.

So - when are you moving to Bury then? :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 03:25:38 PM »
:D

THANK-YOU.........Mindy and Marlespo......GREAT links and suggestions!!!  It's very early here now, but I'm sending the links to work, and will really look at them from there!
Wishstar:
I don't know when I'll be moving; I think I mentioned I'm coming to Bury on October 21st, courtesy of John's son and daughter-in-law, for a week's visit. We plan to talk then, about beginning this Fiance Visa thing. Did any of you have any problems with that?
Marlespo: When you have a chance, tell me all you and your husband know about Bury!!  From what John has said, I think I'll love it........but would welcome other viewpoints and observations too!
THANKS to all of you!
LadyKat

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2003, 05:43:38 PM »
Well I love Bury. They've got some great shops there, a beautiful cathedral (though my favorite part is the surrounding graveyard - VERY cool). There are some really wonderful cafe's and restaurants as well, and of course the weekly market there. Loads of buildings in Bury date back to Elizabeth the 1st - and it's full of coool historic places to go. THe train station is sort of crappy, but there you go. At least it works. :)

The National Trust also has several places within driving distance to check out - notably Angelsey Abbey, WIcken Fen (great for hiking or nature-watching), West Stow (a re-created fully functioning anglo-saxon village) - and only about 45 minutes away is Ipswich which has loads of things, and also the Sutton Hoo Burial Ground which is one of the biggest treasure sites in England, the actual treasure is in the British Museum, and you can roam around the huge burial hills and stuff, it's very cool. I've been there a few times.

One of the best things about Bury is it's proximity to other places. Definitely come to Ely - it's a gorgeous Cathedral town that used to be an island back in the God-knows-whens, so when you drive towards it all you see is a great big hill out of nowhere with a cathedral on top. :) Ely has 2 weekly markets that are definitely worth going to - the Thursday farmers market and the Saturday arts & crafts market. There's a train station in Ely - easy from Bury - and from Ely it's exactly a one hour train ride into London. You're also within minutes of Mildenhall - which by itself is a truly crappy town that I hate - but you can always go to the pubs and rest assured that you'll run into 12,000 Americans because of the air base there.

And there's always Cambridge. Whee! Great bars, pubs, restaurants, festivals, shopping (a huge Borders book shop among my favorites), and things like punting on the River - and Christmas in Cambridge is wonderful. Again, it's an easy train ride.

Here's my England page, that includes a brief tale of me getting my fiancee visa. The only hitch we ran into (well, I, since David wasn't there to apply with me) was proving that we had a palce to live in England, we ended up having to get his parents to fax the office a copy of their house deed since David & I were temporarily staying with them).

Hope that all helps a bit. :)
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

Sponsored Links