Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Communication  (Read 2157 times)

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Communication
« on: August 26, 2003, 05:09:11 PM »
How well do you communicate with your Relationships...   whether it is family, friends or a love...  I am a firm believer in Communication...  My thought is that without communication, you have nothing...  

As most of us here live with two different cultures in our homes...  how well do we try to communicate with the differences of lifestyles? sayings, or arguments of confused meanings.  

I know for a fact that being long distance with Tom, it can be very difficult at times understanding what either of us is trying to communicate...  the sound or the expression of what one might be saying just does not quite make it the right way via, phone, typing or cam's.  We really look forward to being able to sit in front of each other as we watch and listen to our meanings.  

Words are not the only importance in communication; expressions and movements also play a big part in what you are trying to say...

How do you deal with communication? or not?  Do you tell your spouse or loved one everything? Are you patient or enthusiastic with your listening? Are you honest with your family? do you communicate well with your friends?  

What makes communication work for you?

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Liked: 0
Re: Communication
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 05:58:31 PM »
Ohhhh this is a good one Shel.  Lets see.  I probably communicate the best and most with Chris.  As you say, talking in the phone leaves something to be desired and you have to try harder to get your feelings across.  

I believe my friends know that I love them and care about them.  I have found that the ones that are far away I can be more open with in words.  I have always found it easier to write my words especially the emotional ones.  

My family.  Hmmm tough one sometimes.  There is a one in my family I would love to have words with. But as it would hurt another I feel confined.  It may come soon though.  My parents I feel comfortable with and open with.  I don't have to shade my feelings from any of them except for that one.  Its annoying and feels clumsy sometimes.  But it think things will change in the near future.  My sister is one of my closest allies - ever.  Its definitely how we were brought up.  My female cousins are like my sister and me as well.  

Hope that answered your questions.  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 05:59:53 PM by Kizmet122800 »
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
Re: Communication
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 07:18:56 PM »
Nice Topic, M.

My boyfriend lives in England. I really don't have any problem communicating with him- I just let whatever is in my mind roll off my tongue. Since we were together for 6 months prior to him moving back home, he is used to my blunt conversational skills.

Friends and Family: same thing. I have always been quite out-spoken and opinionated. I love to have conversationa about anything, love to hear others thoughts on any topic and will add my 2 cents if I have something to offer to the conversation.

My mom always had a tough time dealing with me when I was younger because I would just come right and say anything and she is much more reserved. I take after my father that way. Now that I am older, she just shrugs her shoulders or says the typical NY comment of "Whaddya gonna do?" if Im talking my nonsense.

My friends are my friends because of who I am and I love them for that. It is not hard to communicate with my people here in NY because we are like-minded when it comes to conversing. But I can definetly see people raising an eyebrow or have a look of "what?" on their faces when I'm out of my area and they just don't understand what I'm about.

When I was down in Florida and lived with all of my UK friends, it toom a few weeks for them to warm up to me because they just didnt understand certain things I said or even WHY i said them. I think that is one of the reasons why my man loves me- is because Im just not afraid to come right out and say anything (of course, I do understand that there is a time and place for everything.)

I do pride myself on being a great listener, even though I love to talk. My friends will come to me with their problems or thoughts and let it all out. If I have any advice or thoughts, I share, If not, I offer a smile, a hug or just a shoulder to lean on.
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

Sponsored Links