Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: adverts you love & hate  (Read 62381 times)

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
Re: adverts you love & hate
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2005, 04:42:27 PM »
I hate the KFC ones now but did like the ones before where it was funky music and people doing everyday things ...like moving then stopping for KFC or dancing about at home after going to church or something just because I like the soul music really "California Soul" remember?

Whoops about the Lucky dog...but I still I can't bring myself to like those adverts...maybe it the guy that annoys me.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 04:45:29 PM by Alicia »
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2005, 04:43:24 PM »
Talking of Vodafone- I miss the david Beckham ads- yep, 'fraid so, love him!
Born to shop..............forced to work

• Liked: 12
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2005, 10:52:41 AM »
They have some great commercials here... alot of them are total head trips. For example, the pot noodle horn commercials... you can't even try to understand the point of that except to mess with your head.

LOVE the Vodaphone ones too... hilarious!  ;D

Kind of like the "you're don't have to be posh to be priveledged" one where everyone's pretending to be posh in a common restaurant and Joanna Lumley is in the painting talking, and as soon as she says that everyone relaxes and goes back to being "un-posh".

Hate those ones for the "Three" network -- too weird! The Asian girl with the huge hands joining in on a basketball game? Yikes!

Obviously hate all the frickin' ringtone adverts! It seems like there's one at every break! It's mind-numbing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 10:54:55 AM by Honeybee »
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2005, 11:09:23 AM »
I remember one from the states that used to crack me up, the phone company one where the guy calls his parents collect, and the operator asks for his name. Then she says to the father, will you accept a collect call from 'hadababyit'saboy?' He just hangs up, and says to his wife, they had a baby! It's a boy!
Deb

'If it's too loud, you're too old!!'

' Regret the things you do, not the things you didn't'

http://debbiesmomentsintime.blogspot.com/

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2005, 11:14:01 AM »
The Golf diesel "Hate something , Change something" it's cute

I love this advert, but (sorry for being picky)... it's actually for Honda diesel engines.  :)

The adverts i hate include:  any advert for ringtones, all Direct Line and Churchill adverts, Yes Car Credit,  and the horrible fish riding a bicycle Guinness advert.... the noise that fish makes simply turns my stomach.

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2005, 11:30:37 AM »
least I got the diesel bit right ;D

I do like the little girl saying "Boll*x" every five minutes advert for another diesel car (I think that was for Golf)

I don't really like the Guiness ones as there are sort of a part two of the first series of adverts that were popular ( the racing snail sneezing at the starting line, the fish riding the bike in the winter , the surfers not getting in the water --Guiness extra cold geddit)
think of something new man ::)
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2005, 11:54:47 AM »
I just thought of one i havent seen for a year or so, but i loved it!
Anyone remember the Cravendale cows?  They break into the supermarket to get the milk, because it's 'so good, the cows want it back!'.

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2005, 11:57:27 AM »
I just thought of one i havent seen for a year or so, but i loved it!
Anyone remember the Cravendale cows?  They break into the supermarket to get the milk, because it's 'so good, the cows want it back!'.

Yep.  ;D

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2005, 12:10:21 PM »
www.cravendale.com

There is a link on this site where you can watch the advert!  ;D

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2005, 12:14:15 PM »
www.cravendale.com

There is a link on this site where you can watch the advert!  ;D

Thanks. Yay!  :)

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005, 12:46:22 PM »
There is a advert on GMTV morning weather show with Andrea. The one I can't stand is the one of the girl wearing a rain mac and hat..standing in the shower with the water running. She is holding a wrench or some sort of tool. Acting like she is going to fix the shower!!!! This ad has been on for more years then I care to guess. Get so tire of seeing it. Wish they would change some of their adverts on the weather report.   

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2005, 12:59:16 PM »
I like the Fastshow guy adverts about conserving energy..."when cooking make sure to only use enough water to cover your vegetables ..the same goes for when take a bath"  ;D

• Life not only begins at 40, it begins to show.
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2005, 04:23:35 PM »
I like:

the Miracle Gro ads with the theme song by Hot Chocolate :)
the ads for PowerGen with the 'far out' guy, especially the one in the steam room ("where's Jeffrey?" " ... in the men's room!")  ;D

Hate:
the mayonnaise ads with the fat guy (Miracle Whip?)
the ads for Hovis biscuits, especially the one where a boy starts eating biscuit crumbs out of his pants' pockets ... it turns my stomach  [smiley=puke.gif]
"Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you." — Kurt Cobain

• tenez dessus fortement sur vos rêves
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2005, 04:27:51 PM »
love the picture this advert and hate any insurance ads like tvark there is aanother website for all old tv and tv adverts at http://tv.cream.org/
its a far better thing i do than i have ever done

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2005, 06:10:30 PM »
It's not an advert, but i *hate* those continuity segments just before a new programme starts on BBC-1 with the people dancing... the wheelchair dancing one, the Bollywood one, the Latin dancing one... I hate them all! 
It's time for a change!!
Bring back the old globe thing.. .anything would be better.  :-X

Sponsored Links