Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: adverts you love & hate  (Read 62387 times)

• Liked: 12
Re: adverts you love & hate
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2005, 06:24:19 PM »
It's not an advert, but i *hate* those continuity segments just before a new programme starts on BBC-1 with the people dancing... the wheelchair dancing one, the Bollywood one, the Latin dancing one... I hate them all! 
It's time for a change!!
Bring back the old globe thing.. .anything would be better.  :-X

I have to agree, that's been on way too long.
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2005, 06:32:21 PM »
one of my mates is hoping up and down in one of those adverts ..  ;D
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2005, 08:44:22 AM »
First off - that "old guy" in the Esure ads is Michael Winner.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935382/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8dHQ9MXxmYj11fHBuPTB8cT1taWNoYWVsIHdpbm5lcnxodG1sPTF8bm09MQ__;fc=1;ft=20

He has directed, produced, written and acted in dozens of films. including the Death Wish series of films.

I liked the Cravendale cows one, too.  Miss that one.

I love & hate the Honda ads - because I love hearing Garrison Keillor's voice but hate being reminded how much I miss listening to Prairie Home Companion on Saturday evenings... ::)

Hate the Vodaphone ads because quite frankly, the subjects they use as examples are things that should be dicussed in person and not over a f*cking mobile phone anyway.  It really offends me.

Used to like the Guinness fish/bicycle ad until I had to explain it for the umpteenth time to my kids... ("A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle...").

Like the scarecrow ad, too - mostly because the farmer in the farmhouse looks like Brian Blessed!
 :D

But in generally I'm not a big fan of commercials anyway.  That's why most of my viewing is on BBC channels or off videos/DVDs.

Mind you - I used to tear up something horrible at the old commercial in the US for McDonalds where the elderly man sits down at the table with the elderly lady who is all alone...... 

:\\\'( :-*
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2005, 09:57:59 AM »
I know who Micheal Winner is and I still hate those commercials ...especially because his is a bit of a dirty old man when it comes to talking about women... :P Jonna Lumley is an acclaimed actress hocking insurance ads but at least she does it with a bit more class than Winner. I waiting for the "Calm down , Dear" ringtone to spring up ::)

I used to love those adverts with the Dunkin Donuts guy.. :-[ and I can't stand the Pimms ones ...for a while I thought I heard "I make that Pimms a *bleep*"
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2005, 10:21:26 AM »
It's not an advert, but i *hate* those continuity segments just before a new programme starts on BBC-1 with the people dancing... the wheelchair dancing one, the Bollywood one, the Latin dancing one... I hate them all! 
It's time for a change!!
Bring back the old globe thing.. .anything would be better.  :-X

Oh,I totally agree with this. It is time for a change. These advert have been on way to long.

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2005, 08:57:14 PM »
The "Brand new customers only" advert for Nationwide bank.  It makes me laugh everytime.  I like it because it's funny, and because one can identify with the frustration of dealing with banks that have exclusions and such for EVERYTHING!  That one has got to be my present fav.  Second favourite has to be the Yakult advert: "Tarquin is on his way".  The look on the woman's face when her friend drinks the Yakult and moans in pleasure is just hilarious!

There are a few adverts that annoy me but the one that springs to mind at the moment is that one for Uncle Ben's tikka masala sauce where the family is dancing around like idiots to Indian music while making tea - just plain annoying. >:(
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2005, 12:26:55 AM »
love Ginster  real honest foods

and the  talk ones  where  they say  shocking news  and it gets  quiet..but you can still talk..  ;Dclever..and i also  like the ones where  peolpe  make  different shapes  by clasping hands  or what have you.. reminds  me of the Donny and Marie  show back in the   70s  with the Ice Capades.. anyone  remember?  :-[
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2006, 05:09:45 PM »
**HATE**
That Slimming World advert, where they play that awful song 'Judy In Disguise', and that stupid woman is ordering and eating pizza in a wig and glasses disguise.

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2006, 07:26:34 PM »
I hate the 'injurylawyers 4 you' adverts, where someone is quizzing the lawyer dude, and it's like they are interrogating him? If I were him, and they spoke to me in that nasty, I would say 'piss off, you aren't getting anything with that nasty attitude!'  grrrrrrrr hate that advert

There was one I loved years ago, where a school is letting out, and this adorable little girl with pigtails excitedly and with obvious joy, runs out the school to the awaiting car, gets in, still all happy and cheery.  Then the lady in the driver's seat turns to her from the front seat and says, "Susie, isn't that YOUR mum's car over there??",, and the little girl's facial expression changes from adorable and sweet, to menacing and evil, and practically growls, "Just drive!",,lmao it was advertising some car, cant' remember which now, but that advert never failed to crack me up, lol.

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2006, 07:29:19 PM »
I have not read any of the other replies so sorry if this is repetitious...

I absolutely hate the ads for Knorr packaged soup mix/sauces, where they show a lonely  sad overlooked veg in the fridge or on the floor, which sound just like the clips calling to help abused children
I don'tfeel it's appropriate to mock a genuine cause
ah well

just me

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2006, 06:38:41 AM »
I have not read any of the other replies so sorry if this is repetitious...

I absolutely hate the ads for Knorr packaged soup mix/sauces, where they show a lonely  sad overlooked veg in the fridge or on the floor, which sound just like the clips calling to help abused children
I don'tfeel it's appropriate to mock a genuine cause
ah well

just me

It's not mocking the cause. It's mocking the adverts for the cause.

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2006, 06:43:07 AM »
It's not mocking the cause. It's mocking the adverts for the cause.

agreed... but i also agree with lioness that the Knorr advert is stupid.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2006, 06:24:22 PM »
The scarecrow from the Weetabix commercial...absolutely freaks me out. It reminds me of the ''creeper'' from that movie ''Jeepers Creepers''.. I dunno', maybe I just have a thing about scarecrows.. :o :D

I like the yakult commercials too. ''Tarquin'' is pretty hot!

I hate all the adverts for personal loans, etc..

The McCain Oven Chips adverts featuring the girl who is clumsy, spills wine all over her bf's sofa, etc., and the one where the girl stuffs her bra with potatoes..Those are great!

I used to love those adverts with the Dunkin Donuts guy.. :-[ and I can't stand the Pimms ones ...for a while I thought I heard "I make that Pimms a *bleep*"

LMAO ;D

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2006, 06:59:22 PM »
The scarecrow from the Weetabix commercial...absolutely freaks me out.

Oh yeah!  That thing is horrible!!!  :-X

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2006, 07:02:31 PM »
I hate the Sheila's Wheels commercial because everytime I hear it I cant get that stupid song out of my head!

Sponsored Links