Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dependants on Fiance visa  (Read 612 times)

• Liked: 0
Dependants on Fiance visa
« on: July 02, 2005, 01:35:10 AM »
Heres a couple of questions for you, hopefully someone out there has some knowledge or experience of these.

1. When the applicant for a fiancee visa has a child, does that child alse get covered by the fiance visa, or is it necessary to make a separate application? The consular website can be read both ways.

2. This is probably more a legal issue than a visa one as such, but it may have cropped up before. If the child is from a unmarried relationship what happens with regard to proof of custody, since legal papers are almost certainly not going to exist in this situation? (and the father is not the sponsor of the fiance visa)

Any light that you knowledgable types can shed on these would be most welcome.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
Re: Dependants on Fiance visa
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 07:40:43 AM »
You must apply for the child seperately---so yes that is having to pay double the fee (annoying isn't it!?! )---- good news when you do move over and get married and apply for the next step which is a FLR--- your child is included this time.

Assuming the father is on the birth certificate--- and you are in contact with the father the easiest way is to get him to write a notarized letter giving permission for the move. If these things are not the case, I honestly don't know the answer.

Good Luck
Helena

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 08:22:07 AM »
If the father is not named on the birth certificate, you probably won't have any problems.  I say probably, because I went through all this almost 3 years ago and things have changed since.  My sons only have my name on their birth certificates, so I was able to obtain their passports, visas, and change their last name (which had been my maiden name anyway) to my married one.  All without much fuss.

If your child's father's name IS on the birth certificate, you will need his permission to obtain the passport (assuming your child doesn't already have one) AND the visa.  Regardless of whether there is any "paperwork."
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 01:19:06 PM »
Thanks folks, this pretty much backs up what we thought. Its usually the more expensive route... We will just have to apply for both the visas at the same time, since they seem to require most of the same documentation.

We were able to get a passport for the child with the documentation that we had, and he has travelled on that passport, so fingers crossed that should mean we are ok for the visa too. We never needed any permission from his (awol for years) father though, so hopefully this remains the case, I dont fancy our chances of finding him.

• Smiley Gifts World
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 10:26:55 PM »
Unfortunately the need for permission for a passport is relatively new. I am not sure how they handle it if the father is awol

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 08:20:47 AM »
I got my kids' passports after the law went into effect.  But again, only because mine was the only name on the birth certificates.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab