Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Not following through with marriage!  (Read 575 times)

• Liked: 12
Not following through with marriage!
« on: July 02, 2005, 01:47:53 PM »
Recently, in desperation, I applied for permission to be married in the UK because I wasn't sure if my student visa would expire if I withdrew from the uni I was at. (I had a very unhappy year and I hated my professors, and learned practically nothing all year... very bad luck.) Thankfully however I was accepted at the new uni I applied for just in time and now I can continue to stay, which means we don't have to marry so urgently anymore.

Soon after hearing this good news, I received a letter from the Home Office stating I have been granted permission to marry. I think the rules are you have to marry within 3 months or so of being granted permission.

We've decided we don't want to rush marriage when it's not necessary because I still have my student visa anyway that should last me another full year (yes, we're taking things very slowly... we're young, I'm almost 22, he's 26).

My question is, will the Home Office think it's strange we're not following through with this proposed marriage? And if we were going to apply for permission to marry again in the future, would we get any hassle?
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

Re: Not following through with marriage!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 02:54:47 PM »
My question is, will the Home Office think it's strange we're not following through with this proposed marriage? And if we were going to apply for permission to marry again in the future, would we get any hassle?

No and no.  All's fine the way you described it.

You can expect some stick, however, trying to get a refund for your COA.  But it's worth a shot.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 06:19:58 PM »
What's a COA?

• Liked: 12
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 06:25:38 PM »
I think it means certificate of approval?  ???
Plans on hold 'cuz Brexit

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab