Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Proof of relationship?  (Read 639 times)

• Liked: 0
Proof of relationship?
« on: July 05, 2005, 10:16:15 PM »
Hi again

Final question, then we are ready to submit our fiancee visa applications (fingers crossed).

We are pretty comfy that we have all the info we need, but the last remnants of pre application nerves wont go away. Now we are wondering wether or not we have done enough to prove our relationship, in particular wether or not we have gone back far enough.

We have plenty of emails, phone bills, photos etc from the last 3 or 4 months, since our first 'proper' meeting, but before then we werent exactly careful about keeping emails and such.

Is there any reason why we would need to go back a long way to prove our relationship, surely its how our relationship is now and going forward thats important?

• Liked: 0
Re: Proof of relationship?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 10:51:06 PM »
We only supplied about 3 or 4 months worth of phone records and then some pictures. I got my visa with no trouble. I'm sure what you have will do.  :)

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 10:52:54 PM »
thats fine. when i applied they didnt even ask for any pictures,emails or phone bills. I think they mainly ask for those for third world country couples or for mail order brides and etc. they usually dont ask for proof of relationship for uk/usa couples but if you are applying by mail it might be a good idea to include what you have.

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 11:50:52 PM »
it's all so vague and  random.. bring everything..but don't be surprised  if they only ask for one thing..  for us  she was more concerned  with  pictures.. When she knew  we met on the internet.. she kept asking if I had  met him  and did I know  him.. so  she  was interested in the pictures  I brought..I guess if we looked like  a couple..and we had various  ones.. ( even though  I had letters, cards, and  our wedding invitation)
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 07:51:42 AM »
I brought a huge folder full of stuff.  The interviewer didn't ask for anything. I even told him he hadn't asked for proof of relationship, and he said he didn't need it.

One thing that my then-fiance pointed out is that the fact that he has given me his passport, bankbook, paystubs, tenancy agreeement,  that family members have given us letters of support, that the landlord has stated that I can live with him, is proof  in itself that we have a relationship.

edit: I applied in person. My fiance was not present.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab