Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Travelling as a family with different passports  (Read 633 times)

• My Girl
  • Liked: 0
Travelling as a family with different passports
« on: July 06, 2005, 01:23:24 PM »
My wife (UK Passport), daughter (UK and US Passports) and I (US Passport) are travelling back to the states in September for a holiday.  What's the best way for us to go through immigration when entering the US and then when returning to the UK?  Can we go through together even though we are on different passports, or must we separate inot citizen and non-citizen lines? I am concerned because sometimes, the wait on the non-citizens line is much longer and I just don't like the idea of us being separated.

Thanks
"He (Bush) says we are at war on terror, but that is a metaphor, though I doubt if he knows what that means. It's like having a war on dandruff, it's endless and pointless." - Gore Vidal

• My Girl
Re: Travelling as a family with different passports
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 01:24:19 PM »
Just to clarify, I am on FLR here on the UK, if that makes a difference....
"He (Bush) says we are at war on terror, but that is a metaphor, though I doubt if he knows what that means. It's like having a war on dandruff, it's endless and pointless." - Gore Vidal

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 01:25:40 PM »
DH (UK) and I (US) always go through the US line together when we enter the US.  You guys should be able to go through as a family -- just make sure that you use your daughter's US passport when entering the US.  :)

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 01:27:09 PM »
I did that once in Atlanta, and I was told off for it. I went through the American line and he was going throught the immigrant line and the big black immigration lady...gave me a mouth full...

Said I was to go through with him in the immigrant line.

So last year when all 7 of us (4 USA and 3 Non) I asked the first person directing traffic for the lines and she pointed us in the direction of the immigrant line...and to go through as a family unit.

That is my 2 experiences........

Shell

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 01:28:02 PM »
oh the 2nd time was in Chicago....

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 01:29:29 PM »
When returning to the UK, you should be able to go through the UK/EU with your wife and daughter.

bvamin

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 01:37:17 PM »
When returning to the UK, you should be able to go through the UK/EU with your wife and daughter.

bvamin

Yep...that is what the twins and I did with husband a few weeks ago.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 04:28:31 PM »
If you're travelling with a baby, don't worry about it and pick the shortest line.  But don't ask, just do it.   :)

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 04:35:16 PM »
DH had some hassle last time when we went through in separate lines on the US side (particularly because the return tickets were in my handbag and they wanted to see his!), so I'd agree that you should go through together. Then coming back here I asked, and they told us to both go through the visa holders line together.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab