A Brummie List:
1. A concert in Symphony Hall!!!
2. Shopping....the malls as well as the Rag Market (open Tue,Thu,Fri,Sat)
3. The Hippodrome Theater with live productions (Chitty,chitty, bang, bang presently) and opera performed by the Welsh National Opera group.
4. The #11 bus - 3 1/2 hour ride around the entire outer circle of Birmingham - through all the little cities - gives you a feel of the whole town and it's people
5. Royal Naim - Excellent Balti restaurant on Stratford Road in Sparkhill
6. The Floozie in the Jacquizi...fountain in the middle of Victoria Square and any of the everchanging shows/fests set up there...right now there is a German winefest until the end of August. In Chamberlain Square nearby is a large ferris wheel - with great views over the city. Also a big screen tv to watch sporting events or late-breaking news!!
7. The Frankfurt German Christmas market held in Nov and Dec - every day/night - great food, atmosphere and lots of booths selling cute german/polish gifts
8. The Botanical gardens are a nice way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon - with a band playing in the gazebo
9. Jewelry quarter - lots of jewelers, bespoke jewelry as well as silver pieces, repair shops, and museum
10. And there is always Cadburys! yum
11. Lots of canals - with boat rides or hire yourself boats
12. Last but not least, just sitting around at an outdoor coffee shop or cafe listening to the
"funniest accent in Britain" as voted recently by the people of GB!!!!