Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: One Way Transit Van Rental  (Read 3614 times)

• Liked: 1
One Way Transit Van Rental
« on: July 22, 2002, 06:25:50 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with this in the UK?  We can't find anyone who will do it.  Budget won't even do it for vans.  Any help would be appreciated.
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

Re: One Way Transit Van Rental
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2002, 06:50:19 PM »
We actually know someone who found it cheaper and easier to buy a second-hand transit van, than to hire one.   ???

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2002, 07:04:48 PM »
oh dear  :o
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 07:06:00 PM »
We just hired a man with a van to move us.  (Granted this was only from London to another bit of London, but maybe you could find someone willing to do it.)

I just found his number in the local paper for our council.  

I wouldn't use him again as it was probably one of the poorest excuses for service I've ever encountered, but at least we got our stuff moved eventually.  We packed it all up and helped with all the loading and he just drove it to our new place and dropped it all off.  Not too expensive, really.

Maybe that helps....maybe not.  Just an idea really.  :)

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2002, 07:43:55 PM »
Well, from what we've heard it costs a couple of hundred to hire someone to do it.  We don't have much stuff as we are currently living in a furnished flat, so just a small trasit van is all we really need.

My husband came up with this site (http://www.jamjar.com/carbuying/services.jhtml?services=rental&from=nav+rental) this afternoon which we will probably go with as:

a. it seems to be the only one we can come up with
b. ergo it is the cheapest  ;)

• I hate Mondays too!!!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2002, 01:30:22 PM »
Dial 0800-HELP-SPOUSE when in need (members only)!

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2002, 02:05:36 PM »
yea, we did find those.  If I remember correctly, Thrifty won't do one way Van hire and e-sixt was about 25 pounds more.  But thanks for the sites.  It is a real pain.

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2002, 04:06:57 PM »
How hard can they possibly make moving in this country?  Where IS U-Haul when you need it most?

The saga continues today with my husband (luckly) checking with jamjar regarding our booking.  Apparently they DON'T do one way van hire.  There is a fault on the server that allows you to choose the option, even thought it isn't avaible.

Grrrrrr >:(

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2002, 04:02:10 PM »
One last update:  We did get a van through e-sixt after all, but had to book online as it was a hundred pounds cheaper than what they quoted when my husband phoned up!  :o  Go figure!

Sponsored Links