Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Debt deliquency rules  (Read 1679 times)

Debt deliquency rules
« on: September 14, 2003, 06:25:47 PM »
Has anyone heard of this? That if you are deliquent on payments back in the states they can stop you from entering even if you are a citizen?

• From Texas to North Yorkshire
  • Liked: 0
Re: Debt deliquency rules
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 08:10:06 PM »
Has anyone heard of this? That if you are deliquent on payments back in the states they can stop you from entering even if you are a citizen?

Never heard of that.  If it's true, though, I'm screwed :-)
Leave the matter of religion to the family altar, the church, and the private schools, supported entirely by private contributions. Keep the church and the state forever separated. -- Ulysses S. Grant

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 08:10:33 PM »
I've never heard of that, Trish.  It'd be interesting if it was.  I've certainly got debts back in the US and we've been back twice now with no problems.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 05:23:29 PM »
Don't know about that but I do find it fairly odd that they say there's no way to check on your state-side credit yet the main credit reporting agency in both the U.S and the U.K is TRW ???

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 11:59:20 AM »
Ah, the ole Left Hand/Right Hand  :-/
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab