Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Trying to find a job!!  (Read 1520 times)

Trying to find a job!!
« on: September 16, 2003, 07:25:47 PM »
So I had my first interview in WalthamForest.  Contractual Social Worker position I was very excited about as I am not looking for anything permanent.  The council was very eager to meet with me for an interview. The interview was at 4:00pm last Friday.  They were late and it didnt start until 4:30, and lasted maybe 15 minutes!! I was in shock and amazement as all of the interviews I have had in the states for a social service position lasted at least an hour or more with loads of questions.  Not to mention I was a little irritated that the interview began so late....thank god my husband was able to take me and I didnt have to ride the tube!!!

So I get a call from them today stating that they were very much interested in me, however, they have decided to hire someone else who has U.K. experience.  HELLO! Ummm did you not read my CV?  Did I ever say I had UK experience?  If so, then why oh why did you call me for an interview?  Ugh!

Im feeling a bit razzed right now.  Im going to have a few beers with my bro tonight as he and his wife are in town until Sat.   >:(

Luckily for me Pam from this site has been helpful and gave me all of the info for the possible get together at the end of Sept.  So I hope to see some people there! :)

Thanks for letting me vent.

Danelle

Re: Trying to find a job!!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 09:48:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about that Danelle.  Hopefully something better comes along!!

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 10:09:08 PM »
Oh no!  I'm so sorry.  I've found the same thing too, and I just don't understand it.  I'm SURE the right job will come along for you!!!  Keep your chin up!
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 11:06:24 PM »
Bummer!  Well, just think of it this way - you got some experience with a UK interview and now you're on your way to a much better job than that one probably would have been!  

Hope to see you at the picnic in a couple of weeks!  :)

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2003, 12:17:28 AM »
Aww..sorry about the job Danelle. :-/ I'll keep my fingers crossed something better comes along for you. :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2003, 01:15:59 AM »
I have noticed that alot with job interviews as well.. Is it me or are there a few British people who just seem so damn petty.. All I know is professionalism and experience comes first in American standards no matter where you come from.. Good luck in your search anyway. I bet you had way better qualifications and could run circles around whomever they proclaimed to have hired. Keep your chin up, thats what my boss (at my job I can't stand  :D ::) says to me all the time. It's good these expats sites cause at least we all know we're not alone out there :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab