Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What would you "like to know" about the next poster....  (Read 373893 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: What would you "like to know" about the next poster....
« Reply #11910 on: April 23, 2014, 05:46:10 PM »
Tacos.

If you could fly or be invisible, which would you choose and why?

• Liked: 9
« Reply #11911 on: June 22, 2014, 11:33:28 PM »
Be invisible. With each passing year I get more comfortable interacting with people, and have been able to put on a good front for most of my life, but I have always been shy. I still have moments of discomfort having to talk to people, and don't care much for crowds. Sometimes it would be so convenient to be able to be invisible.

If you could be a tv show character, past or present, who would it be and why.
“It's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.” Joe Moore

“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
― Dr. Seuss

• azroomie & james
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #11912 on: April 10, 2018, 05:30:43 PM »
hhmm  really hard but right now  maddie  from Grey's anatomy comes to mind..she was  smart, kickass, beautiful  and brave.. 

How many single mom friends  do you have? 
"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar." - Raymond Lindquist

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #11913 on: April 11, 2018, 09:35:07 AM »
How many single mom friends  do you have?

Three.

Describe your dream home.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #11914 on: April 11, 2018, 11:12:31 AM »
Three.

Describe your dream home.

The house I had planned to build before I met my husband and moved to the UK was an A-frame cabin with full-height open lounge/kitchen, fireplace centered on the tall wall, flanked by windows.  Behind the kitchen are two small bedrooms and a bathroom.  Above those rooms is the master bedroom with ensuite.  Access to the upstairs was going to be a little spiral staircase to one side, but I never grew up, so I was also going to have a slide to come down, and there was going to be a swing in the living room suspended from the highest beam in the ceiling.

Outside would be a deck for barbecuing.  I had the spot on my land (my family's 30 acres, of which I can reasonably expect at least 1/4, up to 3/4s, to be mine one day) picked out for it.  I was just finishing paying off debt when I met my husband, and then I was going to save so I could pay cash for my house.  Instead, my savings became a down-payment on the house we have now.  My cabin could've been built to a very nice standard for what we paid for this house.  And it would've been in a warm place with plenty of days of sunshine.  *wistful sigh*

----------

Describe a dream you abandoned because life took a different turn.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #11915 on: July 09, 2018, 10:54:49 AM »
The house I had planned to build before I met my husband and moved to the UK was an A-frame cabin with full-height open lounge/kitchen, fireplace centered on the tall wall, flanked by windows.  Behind the kitchen are two small bedrooms and a bathroom.  Above those rooms is the master bedroom with ensuite.  Access to the upstairs was going to be a little spiral staircase to one side, but I never grew up, so I was also going to have a slide to come down, and there was going to be a swing in the living room suspended from the highest beam in the ceiling.

Outside would be a deck for barbecuing.  I had the spot on my land (my family's 30 acres, of which I can reasonably expect at least 1/4, up to 3/4s, to be mine one day) picked out for it.  I was just finishing paying off debt when I met my husband, and then I was going to save so I could pay cash for my house.  Instead, my savings became a down-payment on the house we have now.  My cabin could've been built to a very nice standard for what we paid for this house.  And it would've been in a warm place with plenty of days of sunshine.  *wistful sigh*

----------

Describe a dream you abandoned because life took a different turn.

I wanted to be a music journalist. I abandoned that because I don't think it's wise to be a journalist in today's climate more so than my life taking a different turn - although I think on some level, the world took a different turn to cause this.

What was the biggest hurdle you managed to jump in your life that you're really proud of but don't want to normally brag about?
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 584
« Reply #11916 on: July 21, 2019, 08:13:33 PM »

What was the biggest hurdle you managed to jump in your life that you're really proud of but don't want to normally brag about?

Tough one, because i really like an easy life, and tend to avoid hurdles!
But thinking back on all the shite i had to endure to be able to stay in this country and become a British Citizen... probably that!   I don't ever 'brag' about it, but anytime someone refers to me as American, i definitely do remind them that i hold a British passport.  American was an accident of birth... British was a goal i worked hard toward.

What's your favourite band/singer, and what is it about them that makes it special to you?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab