Topic: Boston Legal  (Read 4027 times)

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
Boston Legal
« on: August 09, 2005, 06:07:18 PM »
I am soooooooo hooked on that show!  I have always had a thing for James Spader,, yummmmmmm,, even if he has gotten a bit pudgy :)  Also, I think William Shatner is just brilliant as Denny Crane. Playing a cocky lawyer, who is fighting off the effects of alzheimer's, is really an interesting role for him.  Than add in, Betty White, and Candace Bergen,, I love the casting on this show :)

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Boston Legal
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 07:03:15 PM »
I am soooooooo hooked on that show!

YES!!! It's awesome!! And I happen to like James Spader better with a bit more to him. My favourite line was a few weeks ago, when Candace Bergen's character was in the men's room about to shake hands with him right after he used the urinal. She asked if he was going to wash his hands first, and he said, "I keep a very clean penis." Fantastic show!

P.S.  Denny Crane.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 07:08:41 PM »
That Bernard character is just a hoot, the one who killed his mom?  Totally outrageous LMAO! I think Betty White is just wonderful anyway, but she just slays me with her line delivery. Brilliant stuff,,lol.  I hadn't watched it before, cos I dismissed it as just another lawyer show, boy was I wrong,,lol. Since the girls went home to the States, I have spent wayyyyyyyyy too much time in front of the telly,,lol.

• Snaps
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 07:10:22 PM »
Since the girls went home to the States, I have spent wayyyyyyyyy too much time in front of the telly,,lol.

I spend way too much time watching TV, too. But when it's something like Boston Legal that's so well-written and well-acted ... I can't feel guilty about that. Big Brother, however, is another story.  :-\\\\

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 07:13:07 PM »
When I first watched it, I kept thinking that it reminded me of Ally McBeal, but since it is done by David Kelly, I guess that explains why,,lol.  I hated when that show went off the air. I loved it too. 

• Snaps
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 07:37:44 PM »
I liked Ally McBeal at first -- for about half of the first season. But then I found Calista Flockheart (sp?) to be so gratingly annoying that I had to stop watching. Boston Legal does have the same sort of feel, though, and the same off-the-wall characters with silly catch phrases (bygones) -- but without Calista! Yaye!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 01:53:59 PM »
I'm resurrecting this thread...

I happened to catch Boston Legal while i was home from work before christmas.  i was wrapping the gifts and too lazy to see what else was on.  Well...  I am now an avid fan!!

I love David E. Kelly anyway and I think the reason why I haven't watched this show is because the Practice peetered out and I had lost interest so by the time James Spader came on, I didn't bother watching.  And then moving - I didn't start anything new. 

It cracks me up.  The writing is just so excellent and I love that the characters are just a bit of kilter.  So great.  I hope it stays that way.  David E. Kelly shows tend to descend into too much relationship slop, I hope he doesn't with this one. 

I just ordered Series 1&2 on  DVD..
Riding the rollercoaster of life without a seat belt!

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 02:02:49 PM »
David loves Boston Legal!!! He loves Williams Shatners role...Denny Craine..

I quite like watching it as well...

• Liked: 6
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 03:03:20 PM »
I've only watched a few episodes, but am rapidly enjoying the show more and more.
The Guide For Working Families review http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/twfg/

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 10:32:07 PM »
I absolutly love this show.  ;D [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]  William Shatner & James Spader make the show I think.  ;)    Im patiently waiting for Season 3.  ::)

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 09:54:31 PM »
I am soooooooo hooked on that show!  I have always had a thing for James Spader,, yummmmmmm,, even if he has gotten a bit pudgy :) 

I used to really like him too but I just can't get over how pudgy he is now (hmm, middle age...its hit me too). He was hot back in the day. Just looked him up on IMDB after watching an episode and the main picture is the old James!  ;) http://imdb.com/name/nm0000652/

Great show!!  :)

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 10:21:36 PM »
Am I correct that this is only on Living TV during the weekday?  I would love to watch it, but only seems to be on when I'm at work  :-\\\\
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 04:37:49 PM »
Hi Elizabeth,
Yep, repeats are on daily on Living (3:00 ) and Living+1 (4:00). 

Does anyone know if there are new episodes playing at night? I get co confused by television schedules here. Ugh, even after being here 6 years, I still get all confused, lol.

I am in the mood to watch 16 Candles, wasn't James a really nasty guy in that movie? So long ago, hard to believe it's been so long since that movie, lol.

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 05:04:11 PM »
I am in the mood to watch 16 Candles, wasn't James a really nasty guy in that movie? So long ago, hard to believe it's been so long since that movie, lol.

Oh dear.  Yes, it's way overdue for a view if you're getting your 80's pics mixed up.
He was the nasty in Pretty in Pink.  ;)
Hollywood, CA -> London, UK 2004
London, UK -> Long Beach, CA 2007

Best 3 1/2 years of my life!

• Snaps
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »
Does anyone know if there are new episodes playing at night? I get co confused by television schedules here. Ugh, even after being here 6 years, I still get all confused, lol.

Not at the moment, but I'm not sure when it's due to start up again. Soon, I hope!

www.digitalspy.co.uk is a great place to watch out for air dates of upcoming programmes. Check the list of forums for the one called 'TV Programmes' in the Entertainment Zone. There's a thread on US imports at the moment.

Sponsored Links