Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: LOL!!  (Read 1043 times)

• London Rollergirl
  • Liked: 1
LOL!!
« on: August 16, 2005, 02:18:07 PM »
My daughter was watching Cartoon Network UK and an advert for "The sisterhood of the travelling pants" a movie that's coming to theatres came on and said

"Ewwurk , that's gross"

they should have changed the title before advertising it to UK audiences... :-X

But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

Re: LOL!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 02:38:29 PM »
That's so funny you mentioned that - I saw an ad for it and thought "Ooh - that's not gonna do well in the UK."  :-X

• Then things got just plain Silly!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 02:46:05 PM »
HaHa took me a moment but I got it!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D
All dreams can come true—if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I can't change the direction of the wind, I can however adjust my sails to always make it to my destination.

• Baa!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 05:15:55 PM »
Yeah!  They could've at least changed "pants" to "jeans" or something!
"Anyone who burns his backside must himself sit upon it." - Scottish Gaelic Proverb

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 05:25:29 PM »
LOL!!!  Great!!!!  They should have done.  The book as well I suppose, right.  But oh well.  BTW, great book and the movie is very cute, not for a 5 year old though FYI

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 06:00:13 PM »
I don't think she was up to seeing it...I kinda get annoyed at the stuff they advertise on cartoon network ...I don't think the powerpuff girl audience would be up for "sisterhood.." nor "the perfect man"

LOL!!
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 06:06:40 PM »
i thought the same thing!  showed it during batman begins trailers and said 'WHAT'

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 06:12:52 PM »
my niece (or should I say niece in law.. :P) is going to see it later on in sept and even she changed it to "travelling denims" because she thought my MIL wouldn't let her see it...

made me chuckle nonetheless... ;D

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 06:32:59 PM »
I don't think she was up to seeing it...I kinda get annoyed at the stuff they advertise on cartoon network ...I don't think the powerpuff girl audience would be up for "sisterhood.." nor "the perfect man"

LOL!!

Wow, they did!!!!  Weird.  Maybe it's for the parents who watch with their kids.  Or the babysitters ;D

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 09:18:59 PM »
Jess makes me laugh...we went to the Science museum and she was looking through the Space exhibition ..walked by the astronaut space suits and paraphernalia...spots theses and asks what is it? told here that spacemen use them to go to the toilet in...she looked alarmed and walks off as she walks off she says "Sisterhood of the traveling pants"

I told take a picture and she was freaked out and kept covering her nose!! How is she going to cope if she wants a baby sister!!

Sponsored Links