Topic: Split: London  (Read 3232 times)

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
  • Liked: 0
Re: Split: London
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2003, 02:04:47 PM »
Pre-destination is the plate of doo-dads you get.  Free will is what you do with them.  ;D
wench
Have you hugged your wyrd today?
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2003, 02:44:16 PM »
Pre-destination is the plate of doo-dads you get.  Free will is what you do with them.

Most excellent quote, Wench.  Very philosophical!
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2003, 03:02:55 PM »
Lol sorry, I was having a heathen moment there.  :D [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2003, 05:13:05 PM »
Hubby and I were talking about this the other day.  Not EVERY kid who grows up in a ghetto becomes a gun-toting drug dealer.  Some of them become teachers, police officers, grocers, bankers, garbagemen - anything else.  Because they refuse to let where they come from and what may have happened to them define who they actually are.

As well, not every rich, well-educated kid turns out to be a CEO or nuclear physicist.  Some of them turn out busking on the street or sleeping rough because of the choices they make.

Who you are isn't what happens to you on the outside - it's how you turn it around and deal with it on the inside.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2003, 01:24:37 PM »
I agree with you all, on the pre-desitination and free will things, completely! Everything that's happened in my life, I would never take away or change - no matter how difficult they were or how hard to get through.  I've learned something from all of them, they've all shaped the person I am today.  Yes, I have foibles and some "issues", but so does every other person in the world.  It's all about how I choose to *go on* from there, that makes the difference.  

;) ~Christa

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2003, 11:37:06 AM »
When I first moved across here I needed *something* and found my energy focusing on finding old friends by making a web site for my high school class. This has grown to something that classmates frequent and participate in. It's rather fun hearing about what's happened to so-n-so after all these years.

What's really interested me is what certain "types" have done. You've all gone to school with jocks, or cheerleaders or geeks, nerds, druggies, debate club members, AV guys...you can thrown in your own list. What has become of them?

I agree that life is what you make it, but I wonder at what age this starts. Are we now who we were all along?

There's almost a pattern going on with these high school folk. The jocks are rather portly now. The hearthrobs are bald. The cheerleaders all married either rich or have boytoys or both, the geeks are rich, the quiet ones are gorgeous...the ones that were paid no attention, did nothing outstanding, are the ones who've become the most successful. The class president and others that were in the school politics are actually the ones who went nowhere...stayed in the same place, didn't work for a long time, etc.

I can't say it's totally the same across the board, but there are distinct similarities in how certain "types" ended up.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab