Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Meningitis Vac. (RE: earlier posting)  (Read 1038 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
  • Liked: 0
Meningitis Vac. (RE: earlier posting)
« on: October 10, 2003, 12:08:13 PM »
I read the earlier posting about the Meningitis Vaccination.  My daughter is 10 months old.  Is this too young to receive this vac. according to UK standards?  I will call my pediatician at home as well.  Just curious about your experiences and thoughts. It would be nice to take advantage of this since it is not often accessible in the US.
I have found a GP in my area.  However, I can only see them on a private basis (ie pay for each visit).  I thought that we were covered by NHS with our working and dependent visas (maybe I just dont understand)    ???.  So - vaccinations will be very pricey, I assume?  thank you.

• So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!
  • Liked: 0
Re: Meningitis Vac. (earlier posting)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 02:28:54 PM »
Does your husband pay into National Insurance from his paycheck?  Cause I really thought you would be covered by the NHS- I suggest doing some checking into this.

Unfortunately the receptionist at your local GPs may be ignorant about who is entitled to coverage from the NHS.  We have found that you can get a different story every time you talk to a different person on these types of issues- so it might be worth simply speaking to different people at the GP office.

I do know your daughter isnt technically too young for meningitis vaccine- My daughter had hers at 4 months.  

Good luck- I am afraid those vaccines might be expensive!
Poo? .... Poo!!
Yes, Piglet?
Nothing.  I just wanted to be sure of you.

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
Re: Meningitis Vac. (RE: earlier posting)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 02:44:49 PM »
You should be covered with the NHS. I know I was even when I was only here as a visitor on my passport.
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 09:02:24 PM »
If you live here - you're eligible for NHS.  Go back to your GP and TELL the receptionist that you live here and you want her to send your info to NHS and get cards for you and your kid!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 10:26:57 PM »
I think if you're here on a work visa, as I believe littleMartha is, you aren't eligible for NHS.  This is the case with a couple friends I have who are here for that purpose as well.  They had to get private insurance but their company paid for it.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab