Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone care to share any recent ILR experiences???  (Read 549 times)

• Liked: 0
Anyone care to share any recent ILR experiences???
« on: October 04, 2005, 06:44:34 PM »
Will be applying in person, Liverpool Oct.24

• Liked: 8
Re: Anyone care to share any recent ILR experiences???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 06:53:02 PM »
Here's mine -- I applied in Liverpool on the 9th of September:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=17416.0

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 06:56:25 PM »

I did mine through the post in mid May, received my ILR stamp four weeks later, no problems.

Best of luck to you!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 10:55:35 AM »
Just did mine on Oct 3rd at Liverpool and the experience was pretty much the same as posted before.  Things to remember are, you must have an appointment, that appointment gets you a number (you won't be seen exactly at that time), and you have to sit and wait for your number to be called.  Once to show your documents at reception, which of course isn't designated as "Reception", but rather "Visa Extensions".  After that you go to Cashier to pay (they got the sign on that window right), after you pay your number is called again to go to one of the numbered windows when the documents are looked through again and they actually take you passport so they can put the new visa in it, they say this takes 45 mins, but was closer to an hour and a half for me..  Number gets called again when its time to pick up your passport and leave.

Its a stressful time no matter how often people will tell you not to stress about it, however when you think about it, the majority of the people in there are asylum seekers etc who have considerably more complex applications than your basic ILR.  The immigration officials are so used to seeing these complex cases, that when a cut and dry application, from a citizen of a "friendly nation" comes across their desk, I don't think they dig too deep trying to uncover discrepancies, fraud etc.   For all we know they probably think we are mad trying to leave the US for the UK in the first place (most other Brits do anyway) and can't imagine a US citizen trying anything underhanded to do so.

The official checking my documents just leafed through them checking the names and address on them, no questions asked about income or ownership of the residence etc.  I did include bank statements, but I doubt he even noted the balance on them.

As long as you have the documents they ask for, the completed application/pics and most importantly the £500 application fee, you shouldn't have a problem at all.

Sponsored Links