Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help...help...help...please  (Read 1514 times)

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
Re: Help...help...help...please
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 07:51:56 PM »
I am very surprised that the consulate told you to come over and get a job. It is illegal to work in the UK as a visitor  (and on a fiance visa, as well).  This was repeated to me over and over again by various immigration officials. Which consulate did you call?

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
Re: Help...help...help...please
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 09:18:39 PM »
• Holding a return or onward ticket. If traveling on an electronic ticket, a copy of the itinerary must be carried for presentation to U.S. immigration at the port of entry. Note: Travelers with onward tickets terminating in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the Caribbean Islands must be legal permanent residents of these areas;

• Entering the United States aboard an air or sea carrier that has agreed to participate in the program. This includes aircraft of a U.S. corporation that has entered into an agreement with the Department of Homeland Security to carry passengers under the Visa Waiver Program. Note: Other private or official aircraft or vessels do not meet this requirement; and

• In possession of a completed form I-94W, obtainable from airline and shipping companies;

Or, if entering the United States by land from Canada or Mexico,

• Is in possession of a completed form I-94W, issued by the immigration authorities at the port of entry, and a $6.00 fee, payable only in U.S. dollars.

Important: Some travelers may not be eligible to enter the United States visa free under the VWP. These include people who have been arrested, even if the arrest did not result in a criminal conviction, those with criminal records, (the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply to U.S. visa law), certain serious communicable illnesses, those who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from, the United States, or have previously overstayed on the VWP. Such travelers must apply for special restricted visas. If they attempt to travel without a visa, they may be refused entry into the United States.

I had someone buy a ticket to Chicago from me and got there and checked him passport he had been arrested and convicted of a "pot" possesion about 5 yrs before.....they denied him entry. the plane you are flying on has to agree to the Visa Waiver program as well.

Sponsored Links