Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BookCrossing  (Read 12890 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: BookCrossing
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 06:49:28 PM »
This sounds great in theory...I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens :)  Supposedly there are a couple of books right up my street waiting to be found...doubt they are still there but I'll check it out anyway.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 10:57:12 PM »
Oh wow! I forgot about this site! I think I registered a few years ago but then I got really busy and forgot about it. Oh the SHAME!  :-[

My sister on the other hand is a flight attendant and she reads tons. When she's on call she has to sit in the employee lounge for 4 HOURS in case they need her so she goes through books like you wouldn't believe. When she finishes one she tries to spot the most bored looking person on her way out and gives them the book. She said she gets mixed reactions but enjoys doing it anyway. Once she had this racy novel and handed it off to this granny and didn't realize what she'd done till she got to her car. I told her not to worry, granny's been there, done that, got the t-shirt and the postcard.
"Nevermore" - The Raven

• Liked: 1
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
in the states i belonges to paperback book swap where you posted you books and cds and when someone ordered them and recieved them you got a credit and you could use your credit to order a book from someone else , your only cost was the cost of postage to send , but then  you got another book , and sometimes if you were lucky the book you were sent was brand new , and you could request books from non smokers if you liked

• Liked: 7
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2012, 01:00:22 PM »
Wish I would have thought of this! I de-cluttered several years ago and gave all my books to good will, but leaving them around randomly with an email address would have been a lot more fun! Now I only read e-books so not as easy to do. :-(
24 April 13 - Married
29 April 13 - overnight Spouse Visa app. to NYC

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab