Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Aloha from Hawaii (via Bucks)  (Read 3443 times)

• having one of those days...
  • Liked: 0
Aloha from Hawaii (via Bucks)
« on: May 03, 2002, 06:24:03 PM »
aloha,

i've already chatted to a few of you the other day, but thought i should introduce myself properly.

i'm lorene, from honolulu and living with my english husband in the Uk for about 18 months.  my best/only british 'mate' moved to new jersey last fall.  how's that, huh? between her, her family, my in-laws and dh's pals, i think i've finally adjusted to life over here (except driving a '5-speed' car - shifting with the left hand still gets me when i'm not concentrating...we've now got an automatic  :D).  i now understand the rules of the footie and can even understand the jokes when i watch tv.  i'm even an Arsenal fan and a 'father ted' nut.

what else...i'm 32, no kids (maybe next year) and my dh has let me have some time off work since i moved here, which was great, we've managed to travel around a few places and i got to explore london a bit on my own.  love to travel and try new things!  hawaiians are also great foodies so i also like to find new places to go eat.   my one bit of 'back home' feeling comes when we go to the city and grab a cup of chai at borders...something i used to do all the time in hawaii.

great site, leah, it's fun to know both british people AND americans over here since they know where you're coming from!  thanks also to everyone to chatted when you didn't know who i was.  :)  hope to chat again soon!

mahalo!
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.
--Douglas Adams

Re: Aloha from Hawaii (via Bucks)
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 07:00:17 PM »
Hiya Lorene and welcome!  We chatted a bit the other day.  What part of Hawaii are you from?  Must be a real culture shock living in UK!  Doesn't sound like you expect to stay there though ... will you be going back to Hawaii?

Look forward to seeing you on the boards and in chat.

Elaine

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2002, 07:03:50 PM »

i'm lorene, from honolulu

Oops!  You did say what part of Hawaii you are from, didn't you?  Sorry, I don't read well in my old age.  Well, never mind that part of the above post then.  But welcome anyway!

• I love mankind...It's people I can't stand.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2002, 08:28:47 AM »
Hi!  I talked to you for about three seconds in the chat!  Had to bet off line pretty quick though.  Anyway it's good to meet you.  Officially I mean!
Friends don't let friends get "Friends" haircuts!

• Liked: 24
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2002, 11:50:18 AM »
Hi Lorene, glad to have you here, welcome.  :)

I guess I missed chatting with you too the other night, but I will be around again now, unless I'm struck dead by lightening. As my week has gone so far, it wouldn't surprise me. BUT, I hope you'll hang out with us here, we've got a fun group going, and they're the best.  :D

Leah

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2002, 06:50:16 PM »
Just wanted to say HI again - though I did in chat the other day! [smiley=daisy.gif]
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

Sponsored Links