Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: maternity benefits - the latest I have learned  (Read 49433 times)

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
Re: maternity benefits - the latest I have learned
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2008, 08:38:34 PM »
Any word on your MA applications? I'm wondering how long it takes to process - we're hoping to send ours next week because my employer is dragging their feet on the form that says I'm not eligible for SMP!!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

• Mummy of Jean Kathleen and Thomas Patrick
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2008, 10:37:44 AM »
I haven't heard anything yet, have you Niku2?

What the heck??  I just checked the Royal Mail site (I'd sent it registered) and got the following

Your item with reference DL893674273GB was delivered before 10:55 on 07/02/08.

As the item was redirected, it will have taken longer than usual. Please ensure the correct address is used for future mailings.

I used the flippin address they TOLD me to use! GRRRR

What address did you send yours to Niku2?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 10:41:08 AM by SlicesMissus »
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2008, 10:42:37 AM »
Any word on your MA applications? I'm wondering how long it takes to process - we're hoping to send ours next week because my employer is dragging their feet on the form that says I'm not eligible for SMP!!

Tell them to get their finger out!  You could potentially lose benefits by them dragging their feet.  It's not hard to figure out if you qualify for SMP (heck if the people where I work could manage it, anyone can!).
Maroon Passport Club!

• taking over birmingham one by one...
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »
sending mine this weekend. had to wait to clarify my leaving date with my work.

sending it to a jobcentre plus address in birmingham, b99 postcode.
it's not where you're born, it's where you belong

-U2, 'summer rain'

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2008, 10:53:58 AM »
sheesh, they had me send mine to Staffordshire!  Bet that address in Brum is where they forwarded mine to.  Grrrr.
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »
sheesh, they had me send mine to Staffordshire!  Bet that address in Brum is where they forwarded mine to.  Grrrr.

well, i went into the local jobcentre, because that's what they told me to do when i rang up (had to get them to make certified copies of my paystubs, as i need them to apply for my ILR) but they were clueless as to how to process the application & gave me a print-out of an address to send it to. they also gave me a pre-addressed envelope to send it in. but the address on the envelope differed from the one they had given me on teh print-out. so i rang them yesterday & got the correct address.

little befuzzled as to why the application directs inquiries to the jobcentre, but the jobcentre had no idea what to do with the application.  ???

-U2, 'summer rain'

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2008, 12:42:31 PM »
Crikey. Well, I just left a message with HR to find out why I don't have my SMP1 back yet. They are supposed to ring me after lunch. I'll make sure DH knows that the address needs to be Brum.

What a pain!
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2008, 02:23:38 PM »
Sheesh.  Yeah, they do seem pretty clueless on where these are processed.  I'd tried the website and phoning my local Job Centre.  The woman at my local one told me to call 08000556688, who only had the same information as was on the website (duh!) but gave me what she said was a Maternity Allowance Inquiry number 01922852000.  Both times I tried that I got a recording that the office was closed even though it was during what the recording stated was working hours.  Ended up calling the 0800 number again and they asked someone else and gave me a Job Centre Plus PO Box in Staffordshire.  ::)

Before posting I'd recommend photocopying what you send and calling that office in Brum to make sure that's the correct address. 

Hmm when I tried to find out what office it would be... B99 is a non-geographic postcode for the Department of Work & Pensions!  So that seems more likely to be the place to send it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 02:44:17 PM by SlicesMissus »
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2008, 03:42:51 PM »
Crikey. Well, I just left a message with HR to find out why I don't have my SMP1 back yet. They are supposed to ring me after lunch. I'll make sure DH knows that the address needs to be Brum.

What a pain!

i think there might be different addresses depending on where you live. when i called to confirm where i needed to send mine, she asked where i lived. when i told her she said. 'then that's the correct address for you'. i'd give them a ring before you post it just to confirm.

-U2, 'summer rain'

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2008, 03:45:32 PM »
Will do. I know our Sure Start went to the jobcentre but got forwarded on by them.

HR finally phoned me back. I won't have the forms back until Tues/Wed. The usual song and dance... some 'other' dept is holding it up. Grrr.

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2008, 03:48:09 PM »
Will do. I know our Sure Start went to the jobcentre but got forwarded on by them.

HR finally phoned me back. I won't have the forms back until Tues/Wed. The usual song and dance... some 'other' dept is holding it up. Grrr.

assflaps  ::)

-U2, 'summer rain'

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »
i think there might be different addresses depending on where you live. when i called to confirm where i needed to send mine, she asked where i lived. when i told her she said. 'then that's the correct address for you'. i'd give them a ring before you post it just to confirm.

Yeah, I'd check Balmerhon.  I'd have thought Niku2's and mine would go to the same (being in Brum and Coventry).
Maroon Passport Club!

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2008, 11:17:27 PM »
anyone heard back yet?  It's been over 3 weeks since they received my MA application and still no word.
Maroon Passport Club!

• Officially a Brit.
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2008, 10:13:37 AM »
We had a letter of confirmation that they received the application but that's it. That came about a week after we'd sent it. We're heading into week 3 as well and starting to get a bit worried because my paying jobs run out shortly.

« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2008, 11:39:06 AM »
no word on ours yet. sent it registered post early last week.

-U2, 'summer rain'

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab