Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Canning/jam jars  (Read 1777 times)

• Liked: 24
Canning/jam jars
« on: August 14, 2002, 02:41:28 PM »
Anyone know where they can be had? My mother-in-law told me they just save jars from other things they've bought, I'd rather have proper jars to do applesauce or jams in, they'd make nicer gifts, etc. They must be somewhere, but I haven't found any yet, anyone else have a clue? ???

Re: Canning/jam jars
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2002, 03:21:00 PM »
Have you tried Robert Dyas? I'm almost possitive I've seen them there, or they might be able to point you in the right direction.  

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2002, 03:24:16 PM »
Nope, found them at Lakeland Plastics.  www.lakelandlimited.com  Very nice ones, too.  

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2002, 02:14:33 AM »
I don't know, but I want some of your applesauce.  :-*
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2002, 02:28:23 PM »
not to be redundant, but I have definately seen them in the lakeland shop (Ok, so I am really sad and can basically tell you every item they sell in the Glasgow shop) .  I would love to learn how do canning.  My mom used to do veggies and jams when we were younger (well not together, but you know what I mean ;)).
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

• Liked: 24
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2002, 12:57:34 PM »
Oooooooo, jars of all shapes and sizes, and labels too. Coool! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thanks Mindy.  ;D

I don't know if I'll get to it this year, this will be the third year that I waste the apples from the tree in the garden. But I would like to get some frozen rhubarb and make the strawberry rhubarb jam that my mom used to make, she sent me the recipe. It's made using jello though, so I'm going to have to do some figuring to convert that to my needs. ::) And then there's all those blackberries and raspberries growing along the public footpaths that I always wanted to go pick.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab