Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Inconvenient Annoyances  (Read 664031 times)

• taking over birmingham one by one...
  • Liked: 1
Re: Inconvenient Annoyances
« Reply #8235 on: November 12, 2007, 01:58:02 PM »
niggling visa worries
it's not where you're born, it's where you belong

-U2, 'summer rain'

• Liked: 0
« Reply #8236 on: November 12, 2007, 02:02:46 PM »
Now a triple citizen!

Student visa 9/06-->Int'l Grad Scheme 1/08-->FLR(M) 7/08-->ILR 6/10-->British citizenship 12/12

« Reply #8237 on: November 12, 2007, 02:05:57 PM »
Not much sleep due to our youngest having croup.

« Reply #8238 on: November 12, 2007, 03:19:00 PM »
Took the day off and was enjoying sleeping in this morning when work starts calling at 8am with crap that I already went over with my boss! Three calls in the span of five minutes and the last call woke my daughter - so much for a cup of coffee in a quiet house.  :-\\\\

Here's to work my next day off -  [smiley=bootyshake.gif]

• JennyI
  • A Stranger in a Strange Land

• Obamarama
« Reply #8239 on: November 12, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »
Good things come to those who wait...a really long time.

« Reply #8240 on: November 12, 2007, 05:04:19 PM »
The road that I travel on to work via the bus was closed today due to an accident. The bus driver just pulled over in a pub car park and told me to walk the rest of the way because I was the only passenger. It was 3 miles!  >:( In November!  >:(

• JennyI
  • A Stranger in a Strange Land

• Obamarama
« Reply #8241 on: November 12, 2007, 05:11:55 PM »
The road that I travel on to work via the bus was closed today due to an accident. The bus driver just pulled over in a pub car park and told me to walk the rest of the way because I was the only passenger. It was 3 miles!  >:( In November!  >:(

How horrid! So sorry.
I would complain to the bus company, pronto. Number 1, that is not safe or, less important, good business practice.
Good things come to those who wait...a really long time.

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #8242 on: November 12, 2007, 05:13:24 PM »

I would call and complain!! I don't think they have the right to do that...

« Reply #8243 on: November 12, 2007, 05:22:48 PM »
That's miserable!!!

Thanks! Any suggestions for cricked necks besides paracetemol?

This isn't inconvenient per-se, but it sure is annoying. We got another wedding invation today with a little insert telling us that the bride and groom got everything they've ever wanted out of life, and would we pay for their honeymoon?

I really wish people would stop demanding gifts. Just because two people have met and fell in love and decided to get hitched does not entitle them to raid other peoples' wallets.

And seriously, howsabout waiting to be asked before letting me know what I'll have the honor of getting you? If you got everything you want, then why the heck are you begging? When I was a kid and demanded gifts from others, my mother always gave me a what-for. I don't remember her adding "sweetie, but wait twenty, twenty-five years and it'll be a-ok to be greedy."

Totally agree with this one.

So my IA is:

People showing thier true colours.  Tsk tsk ::)

And never contacting me again when I tell them I can't come to their weddings with pressies but wish them all the best....they just disappear!

Good riddance, I guess!

« Reply #8244 on: November 12, 2007, 08:18:59 PM »
This isn't inconvenient per-se, but it sure is annoying. We got another wedding invation today with a little insert telling us that the bride and groom got everything they've ever wanted out of life, and would we pay for their honeymoon?

How tacky!  That's so shocking! :o

I'd just give them a nice card.

My IA is sinusitis, and I'm pregnant so can't rely on popping SinuTab for days on end till it passes.  I'm irrigating, snorting tea tree oil and sucking down hot water, lemon and honey all day.

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
« Reply #8245 on: November 12, 2007, 08:27:18 PM »
BookMoochers who won't send THEIR books outside their home country, but have no problems requesting that you send YOURS internationally.  >:(
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

« Reply #8246 on: November 12, 2007, 08:34:11 PM »
Thanks! Any suggestions for cricked necks besides paracetemol?

My GP advised combining paracetamol with Nurafen for this but not to take that for too long. I consider it my miracle cure now. :)
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #8247 on: November 12, 2007, 08:43:39 PM »
niggling visa worries

Me three and mine isn't due till Oct 2008

• London Rollergirl
« Reply #8248 on: November 12, 2007, 09:17:49 PM »

I really wish people would stop demanding gifts. Just because two people have met and fell in love and decided to get hitched does not entitle them to raid other peoples' wallets.

And seriously, howsabout waiting to be asked before letting me know what I'll have the honor of getting you? If you got everything you want, then why the heck are you begging? When I was a kid and demanded gifts from others, my mother always gave me a what-for. I don't remember her adding "sweetie, but wait twenty, twenty-five years and it'll be a-ok to be greedy."

god thank you for saying that.

that's just tacky I would just give them a voucher on the national express for a trip out to skegness.
But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #8249 on: November 12, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
that's just tacky I would just give them a voucher on the national express for a trip out to skegness.

Ha!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab