Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NEW YORK NEW YORK!!  (Read 2612 times)

Re: NEW YORK NEW YORK!!
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2003, 07:33:58 PM »

How very romantic Vnicepeeps :) Love to hear about your two part story sometime.

Another reason why it be so cool to go at Christmas,would be to take a horse and carriage ride  at night :)

Oh well maybe next year,we can make it back at Christmas and go there then

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2003, 09:38:50 AM »

Another reason why it be so cool to go at Christmas,would be to take a horse and carriage ride  at night :)

Horse and carriage ride is so very romantic.  We took a ride around Central Park on Valentine's Day and the price was very reasonable...believe less than $25.  It's especially beautiful when it's snowing.  Very good suggestion Rhia.

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2003, 03:41:34 PM »
 Ta Pixie.Oh that is very cheap isnt it.I thought that it might be a bit more expensive than that really.

We might go in March now,all depends on how fast we sell the house....but I have been looking at Expedia for hotels.

We are looking to stay in Midtown/Manhattan area.I know that Vnicepeeps had given me some sugestions too.

Does anyone know anything about the Day hotel(Midtown)
 Comfort Inn(Manhattan)Wellington(Midtown) or Howard Johnsons Plaza.

Im a bit nervous because the first night we was in Chicago,the hotel,that I booked looked soo nice online .It turned out to be the motel from hell.It was really a hostel for kids.Shared bathrooms is not for me,and the water in our own bathroom didnt get hot at all. :o

Dang hubby said the Trump Towers,The Waldorf,Four Seasons etc.... was out of the question,hmmmm :'(LOL

Ta in advance!

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2003, 04:10:50 PM »
lol poor rhia!  I honestly don't know of any particular places for you to stay in nyc....my sister does the best B&B but afraid she only has room for me :) I'm sure you'll find some good hotels, maybe not the Four Seasons but a little imagination can do wonders.  Besides, you'll be out touring and eating everything in sight, that you'll prob. be in hotel for just a lie in or maybe a bit more. :)

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2003, 04:33:07 PM »

Aww you cheeky devil Miss Pixie :P LOL.

I think I will try and stick with a well known national chain,and we still have some time to decide :)

Hehehehehe your very right,Iam not looking for a posh place,will be having fun eating etc.... Just nice safe place,clean rooms,and soft beds ;D
Maybe Holiday Inn, Howard Johnsons etc.....

I just want to see the posh places ,Trump,Four Seasons etc.. ;)

I must go into Macys  :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2003, 04:38:03 PM »
There's a Marriott Courtyard on 3rd and 45th street I think... They're usually fairly reasonable and you know what you're getting.

I think the Grammercy Park Hotel is supposed to be mid ranged! It's a nice neighborhood as well!

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2003, 06:36:54 PM »

Ta MEFarrelly,its nice to have more selections to choose from :)

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2003, 01:44:00 PM »
Oh NY!!!!  I've only been gone a few weeks and I miss it so much!  I have a great hotel.  It's a bit pricey but it's in a gorgeous neighborhood (Upper West Side) It's called On the Ave.  http://www.ontheave.com/ I was there a few weeks ago after I got engaged.  It's two blocks from the subway and has so much around it too!  I used to work at the New York Philharmonic (On 66th and Broadway) so I know that area really well.  If you can catch something at Lincoln Center (It's all right there, The Opera, Ballet and Philharmonic) you should do.  Oh and it's right near Ruby Foo's which has great Asian Fusion cuisine, YUM!!!    One suggestion, don’t stay in Times Square.  It’s fine to visit, but it’s a huge tourist trap.  I don’t know if others feel this way, but I tell this to all my friends.  Oh, speaking of times square, you must  go to the half price ticket line.  It’s so worth it and they usually have great shows for sale and the seats I’ve had are always amazing.  Just remember that shows are closed on Mondays at least most of them are!  I also vote for Central Park!  It’s great year round just don’t hang out there at night.  Hope this helped a little.  I could go on for days!

Stacey

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab