Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Advice?  (Read 710 times)

• To allow for time differences
  • Liked: 0
Advice?
« on: January 20, 2006, 12:09:57 AM »
So, here is the situtation, my fiance is the UK citizen. I'm the one applying for my visa. Here's the situation. He's on benefits (get's migraines that prevent/make work next to impossible) So, that there disqualifies us. Since we have been together, his headaches are moretolerable, and he's driven to do what it takes to get me over there. He's already applied to several jobs, and the like. He has about £5000 in savings. We have met, we both have plane tickets to and from the UK, I have train tickets from London to Luton from seeing him, He has tickets for going from London to San Fransisco for seeing me, even some from London to Sacramento. We have over 1300 emails, I've kept all my international phone cards for calling him, he's got my phone number on phone bills. He has roaming charges on his Cell phone bill for visiting me, we have photographs of the two of us together, visa stamps in out passports, So we have ample documentation showing a relationship. And as soon as he gets a job, he's going to try getting a flat for the two of us. If he can't his mum is going to write a letter stating she would provide temporary residence (her home) and offer to assist in supporting us...but I'm still a bit concerned. Is that enough? What other documentation should we have? Does he need to be employed for a certain amount of time, would him being on benefits in the past prevent us from living together. Does anyone have any advice/suggestions?
...::- Forever -::...

• To allow for time differences
Re: Advice?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 12:48:12 AM »
Addendum:

I remember one of the things they wanted on the Visa was to know when I would be going out there. Should I buy a plane ticket, or give a general date we are aiming for?
...::- Forever -::...

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 01:54:44 PM »
His being on benefits will not prevent the application from being approved providing that the letter from his mum is accompanied by proof she can afford to help you.

Give a rough idea of the date you will be going out - don't buy a ticket in advance.

Victoria

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 02:32:45 PM »
see that was one thing in my visit visa application. They told me not to buy a ticket, so I didn't and in my refusal letter the lady wrote that due to me not having purchased a ticket, she felt I couldn't afford one. I told her I was told by the guy at abtran not to buy a ticket, I guess that didn't matter to her.

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 09:09:08 PM »
Assuming I get a job soon (I've applied for 72 jobs in the last 2 weeks, so hopefully something will turn up soon), how long do people think I should be employed for before we apply? I don't want us to get turned down because I only recently got the job...

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 10:21:25 PM »
don't mean to be stupid here, (although it must seem so, from the communications i have been sending seem redundant! - just trying to make sure I get it right!) are you allowed to apply for a job before getting the visa?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2006, 07:38:44 AM »
don't mean to be stupid here, (although it must seem so, from the communications i have been sending seem redundant! - just trying to make sure I get it right!) are you allowed to apply for a job before getting the visa?

Suzie, are you talking about yourself, or tfwdraven?

tfwdraven is British, so can do whatever he likes...
But if you are thinking of applying for a fiancee visa for yourself, then you cant apply for any jobs until you are married.  (No working allowed on fiancee visa).

• Banned

• Damn it, Spock, breathe!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2006, 07:56:33 AM »
That's true, what otter wrote. You can be here on a visitor or fiance visa, but forget about working here unless you have a work visa or are married. His being on benefits won't matter, unless his mother doesnt' have the proper financial documentation to show that it's within her means to support you. It's a pain in the ass, but they'll want to see proof of her employment (or retirement benefits), recent tax returns, credit card statements so they can figure her debt tp income ratio (whether she's putting out more than she's bringing in), etc. Good luck. The sooner he gets a job, the better though, overall.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 12:14:19 PM »
thank you, did not mean to make an issue of it, I was just asking as a US citizen applying for the fiance visa - just want to get it all straight, as it is an INCREDIBLE  stress!   I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS TO BE OVER, and hopefully the way my DF and I want it to be
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 12:09:23 PM »
Just a few things.....

First of all, you CAN apply for jobs before you have the correct visa, as long as you make it clear that you can't start, and do not start, until the visa is approved.  If this were not the case, no one would ever have work permits!!!

The visa guidance nots clearly say DO NOT buy a ticket until the visa has been approved.  If the fact that you have not purchased a ticket is given as a reason for a refusal, this is ridiculous and possibly unlawful, and can certainly be challanged.

Finally, it doesn't matter how long someone has been employed before they can act as sponsor, as long as there are suitable funds, either from the sponsor or other relatives/friends.

Victoria

Sponsored Links