Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP  (Read 649 times)

• Liked: 0
HELP
« on: January 20, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »
I got engaged to my partner 5yrs ago we have been together in total 8 years. Due to life being crazy we still are not married
but one day we will do it...No Rush.
But will this be a problem if she is apply for the UN-MARRIED Application. If she apply for the fiancée application we will have to marry in 6 mths once in the UK.

• Liked: 8
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 06:10:28 PM »
Have you lived with your partner for two years?  If so, you can apply for the unmarried partner visa.  Otherwise, you'll need to apply for the fiance visa (if marrying in the UK) or a spousal visa (if marrying in the US).

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 06:37:41 PM »
we have lived together for 7.5 yrs.should i say on the un-married form that we are engaged.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 06:47:32 PM »
If you're applying as an unmarried partner, it doesn't matter that you're engaged -- you aren't required to ever get married if you receive an unmarried partner visa.  As long as you can prove you've lived together for 2 years in a "relationship akin to marriage", you'll be fine.

Just being nosy   ;) -- how have you managed to live together so long?  Is your partner a dual citizen or do they have some sort of visa?

• York Interweb
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 10:20:54 PM »
I wonder if now that Civil Partnerships are legal, they will eventually do away with UP visas?

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 10:23:51 PM »
well, here's one more question - all together, my DF and I have lived together two years, although only in the months i have been in England in the last 5 yrs - does that count?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »
Yes.  You need to show that you have lived together in the preceeding 2 years, and there is little leeway on this.

To answer another question - I suspect that the UP visa will be axed soon.

Victoria

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 02:39:50 PM »
If you're applying as an unmarried partner, it doesn't matter that you're engaged -- you aren't required to ever get married if you receive an unmarried partner visa.  As long as you can prove you've lived together for 2 years in a "relationship akin to marriage", you'll be fine.

Just being nosy   ;) -- how have you managed to live together so long?  Is your partner a dual citizen or do they have some sort of visa?

Thanks Lola
That helps

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab