Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Does this sound ok?  (Read 641 times)

• Liked: 0
Does this sound ok?
« on: January 22, 2006, 01:26:41 AM »
Ok...here is the basic story.  I am engaged to an American who I am hoping to apply for a fiancee visa for in April.  We have been together for four years.  I am part of another forum and have asked them, I just wanted to get a second opinon of sorts.  At the present moment I dont have a job and neither does he, this is why we are waiting till then to apply for his visa.  I am getting a permenant job becuase now he is coming over here I wont have to keep going to the states.  Part of the problem of a career is that you dont get a lot of time off.  Anyways, when we are applying for his visa I will have a letter from my employer stating that the position is permenant...i will have three bank statements.  My mother has agreed to act as a co sponsor and she is also giving a letter saying that it is ok for him to live with us in our house.  My mom is also getting her pay slips and bank statements.  The mortgage statement and what not for the house she owns will be sent aswell.  The part that is concerning me most is the finances...I will be working full time, my mother will be co sponsoring..will this be ok?  I am getting to the stage now where I am worried sick.  I am missing him so much that i cant think straight...I just want him here with me and settled...please can someone help?

Re: Does this sound ok?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 01:40:41 AM »
I think you should be absolutely fine with the job and a co-sponsor! I know it's really hard not to worry yourself sick over this stuff though.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 01:52:33 AM »
When i apply i will only have been in the job three months or so.  Im hoping that this will be ok.  It is hard not to worry...Ryan isnt worrying at all.  He keeps telling me that everything will be fine. 

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 01:27:19 PM »
As long as you are in a job they do not mind and they will even accept letters of offers of work for you also from prospective employers and your fiance can get those though I have to say most employers wont even look at the CV until you are able to work via your visa.

Victoria has given us some info and she has been really good.

I worry everyday (lol) and we have till April to get things sorted thank goodness we started looking into it in December there is so much to get together or it seems like it.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 07:24:24 PM »
That is when Ryan and I are hoping to apply.  Hopefully by then I will have three payslips and some money in the bank.  I am planning to get a second job to save some money up before he comes over. 

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2006, 09:30:32 PM »
When in April are you applying for fiance or marriage visa?

We are going for a marriage visa Chris is here now and we go back the end of April we can not wait to get it all sorted we are so excited but so nervous to. We will marry 4 days after we get there you need to go into the town hall to get your marriage certify then wait 3 days before they hand it to you we will get married the same day well we hope LOL,

Where is your boyfriend from?

You will get taxed more (you go into a higher tax bracket) if you take a second job you would be better to do over time in the first Job if this is possible.

We have just made a list of everything we have to get sorted out or that we have, the only thing we need now is bank statements and supporting letter off his mom for him.

We are going to get intouch with Victoria near the time to do all the other stuff for us I do not want anything to go wrong we have been together for 2 years well just over our situation is a little more complicated so we want to take extra care that nothing can go wrong.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 12:31:17 AM »
Ryans from Wisconsin.  We are looking at maybe the middle of april.  I am waiting to get a couple of pay slips.  As i mentioned before the financial situation is really worrying me.  Im scared that il get excited and then not get the visa.  I have a list of everything that is needed...so hopefully we get it right. 

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 08:36:32 AM »
I feel the same way it is scary we have double of everything, but the bank statements I am waiting now and saving them but I had a problem with employment because my ex husband and I had a company he let his parents take it over and they got rid of me in November but I have just started up again and gone self employed so that is good, I keep worrying that I haven't filled in the forms correctly or there isn't enough money it used to be the tax credit issues but that is OK you can have them and be on them you just have to show that you will not need to claim extra for your husband when they get here which I wont so that is good.

I do have my own house which has heaps of equity in it I am using that as proof of savings I can get to it should I need to and I have put any extra money I had into the house to pay it off more quickly so that is good.

Do you have an email address I will send you what I have items of a list and all that. Because there is only the 2 of you and if you keep the rent you pay to your mom low they will see that your out goings are not as big as your earnings, Make a list of what you will expect to pay to wards gas electric (bills) and look for Jobs that your partner can do when you get married and he can legally work in this country to show there are jobs here he can do and how much he can expect to be paid.

Are you going over there or is Ryan just coming on a fiance visa?.

I know abit but its being uncertain its very difficult isn't it it just depends as well on the person you get on the day if you are going in or the person who gets the paper work if you send it in errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 12:09:09 PM »
Ryan is coming here on a Fiancee Visa.  We are going to try and ask his parents if they will act as co sponsors also.  So at least we will have that.  The good thing is that my mom will only be charging roughly 60 pounds a week for both of us and that includes all our bills, electric, gas and what not.  However we shall see what happens when the time comes. 

Sponsored Links