Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A Thank You to Lola, Garry, etal...  (Read 382 times)

A Thank You to Lola, Garry, etal...
« on: January 23, 2006, 04:46:56 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you to the many people who post advice, personal experiences and info regarding the various visa processes.  Thanks, too, to those who've come up with questions that prompted lots more intel.

I've been around this place for a few years, just reregistered w/the board.

I didn't post much for many reasons, not the least of which is our situations are very different.   I looked into a lot of things myself at the IND website and such, to pinpoint things specific to our situation.   All the same I found so many posts and replies in this particular area helpful and, at the very least, encouraging and informative. 

Lola, I singled you out because of your thorough telling of your experience--and for the useful list of evidence you gave.  That helped me when we went to gather things together, even though I'd written down what's needed from the application itself.  Yours gave me a sort of encouraging template, as it were. 

And Garry, you are always trying to help when asked and keeping things up to date.  (though sometimes I don't have a clue what you're saying, LOL, because of the shorthand, so to speak :) )

Anyway, this month my application for ILR was approved and we are thrilled...and relieved.  Because though there are things--and some people--I miss yet in the US, I've come to realize that this is, indeed, where I want to spend the rest of my life.  And I feel very fortunate that I will be allowed to do so.  And though we didn't seek the advice or help here, technically, coming here and reading people's trials and triumphs certainly helped, all the same.

so...thank you.   :)

• Liked: 8
Re: A Thank You to Lola, Garry, etal...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 04:49:11 PM »
Very happy to be of assistance, Tam!  Congrats on getting your ILR!   ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab