Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Camping Gear???  (Read 1284 times)

• London, here I come...
  • Liked: 0
Camping Gear???
« on: August 24, 2002, 02:02:39 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm beginning to pack for my exciting move and I'm going through my list...trying to evaluate the precious suitcase room.

I have camping gear and I love to camp (and I love saving the money!) So I'm trying to decide if its worthwhile to bring my camping gear over the ocean. I plan on traveling about on weekends here and there. Are there a lot of camp grounds in the UK? Is it an okay thing, like do a lot of people do it or does it have some wierd stereotype attached to it? Have any of you found yourself wishing you did/didn't bring your gear?

Thanks!!
:) Liz
*You only disappoint the ones who don't believe*

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
Re: Camping Gear???
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2002, 03:52:44 AM »
HI Luna,

I am michele...  do not think we have met yet...  I have been completely swamped at work this week and have not had much time to visit the forum...

As far as camping goes...  if you believe the price of shipping is better than the price to replace everything, by all means...  keep it...  My fiance is an avid hiker, cyclist etc in the UK...  and trust me, you will not be stereotyped...  I am not sure about the amount of campgrounds in the UK...There are many caravan areas...  but camping is pretty much free reign if you can get permission from the land owner normally for one night as you are passing by...  most walking and cycling trips are done by either camping or staying in B&B's...  There is a websight address in my profile for tigertom's world (that is my fiance)...  there you will find a walking section and a cycling section that will also give you links to camping etc in the UK...  

I look forward to enjoying the various area's of visiting via camping etc...  There is so much to see!

I must say I am rather jealous of your packing and ready to leave shortly...  I still have a few months to go and already my house is in disaray trying to decide what to keep and what to sell...

Take care and good luck with your move.
Michele
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab