Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: mail forwarding?  (Read 1174 times)

• Liked: 0
mail forwarding?
« on: November 24, 2003, 07:42:02 AM »
Is there a way to forward mail to the UK easily?  I checked with the US post office and they only forward in the states.

I want to forward mail to the uk to help tie up any forgotten loose ends and to also be able to keep accounts open easily.  Seems like they drop you when they realise you've moved internationally......

Any ideas?  We don't have any willing family members state side !

Thanks.

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
Re: mail forwarding?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 07:54:13 AM »
There is a company in the US that will take in mail forwarded to them, and ship it on the to UK for a nominal fee. I don't know the name, but I did want to let you know, yes, there is a service that does it.
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 03:53:23 PM »
The people you are thinking of LisaE might be Mailboxes Etc.  They seem to do almost anything if it pertains to mail.  Try them. Hope that helps.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 09:52:54 PM »
o.k, I called mail boxes etc and they will forward ANYWHERE !

Yeah.

They charge $78 for a year and give you a US p.o.box and will forward to the UK for the cost of mailing (probably about $10 per month)

Thanks ......

Julia

• My home page
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 11:41:41 PM »
Not so about only forwarding to the states.  I moved to the UK about 6 months ago from Ohio and they have been forwarding everything.  The only things they won't forward are flyers, catalogs and magazines.  Though I have gotten a couple of obviously store sale circulars through.  I also had a package forward....at NO cost!

Take care,

Kathy
"Life isn't the party we expected, but while we're here we might as well dance"

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 02:57:38 AM »
This sounds odd to me as when I moved here the post office was only too happy to forward my mail to me.  I simply filled out the little card like usual and it was done.  It's coming up on 2 years since I moved here so perhaps things have changed in that time but I don't see why they can't forward your mail for you.  Hope it gets sorted for you.

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 05:53:16 AM »
I asked at the US Post Office six weeks ago and they told me they would forward first class mail to the UK for a year.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 07:54:15 AM »
Thanks,
I'll get it sorted at a different post office.  I must of got someone new or bloody useless.

The joys of moving!

Cheers, thanks for all the input I was ready to shell out the money. :-/

Sponsored Links